collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 610
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Marko speaks:enough said  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Dare

Marko speaks:enough said
« on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
Perhaps Marko didn't read where he has no input in the running of the team

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8683901/Marko-backing-Ricciardo-for-Red-Bull

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Irisado

Re: Marko speaks:enough said
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
His master's voice strikes.  This kind of stuff makes it very clear who's really calling the shots at Red Bull.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
Probably he is trying to ensure his own survival as the provider of drivers for the team. Kimi coming from another team in the Red Bull Racing will seriously undermine the authority as well as the ability of Mr. Marko under whom there are many aspirants who dreams to reach the coveted race seat of Red Bull Racing
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:55:14 PM »
Is the good doctor hoping eventually to replace mr Ecclestone.  Both seem to have a habit of opening their big mouths because they have to say something contreversial.

A fool speaks because he has to say something. A wise man speaks because he has something to say.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »
Is the good doctor hoping eventually to replace mr Ecclestone.  Both seem to have a habit of opening their big mouths because they have to say something contreversial.

Bernie knows how to irk up the journalist, so that the sports itself is hyped as well as Bernie himself. But Mr. Marko is just pathetic..

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »
I rate Marko on about the same level as Craig Pollock...way in over their heads when it comes to F1.  If someone actually handed the keys to the sport over to Marko when Ecclestone is gone, F1 would be doomed.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:17 PM »
I rate Marko on about the same level as Craig Pollock...way in over their heads when it comes to F1.  If someone actually handed the keys to the sport over to Marko when Ecclestone is gone, F1 would be doomed.

Agreed.  F1 has a great many facets, and truly, who the drivers on the grid are is such a small part of what makes the sport tick.  Anyone with a driver-centric view of F1 isn't going to get very far.

Don't get me wrong, a great driver can make all the difference, but a 'great' driver isn't the guy who gets in the car on race day.  He's the guy who does the testing, works with his mechanics, engineers et al. to get the car dialed in perfectly.  A great driver is the one who understands he's not the centre of the operation.

Bernie understands what makes F1 tick.  As do Frank Williams, Peter Sauber, Ross Brawn and Christian Horner.  The list of men who got it in the past is extensive too:  Ferrari, Chapman, Dennis, Briatore, Todt.

I'd like to think that Mallya is learning... and if not him, at least someone he trusts at Force India seems to get it.

There's always room for those who don't understand what they're talking about, as long as they can do the job they're needed to do.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:41 PM »

There's always room for those who don't understand what they're talking about, as long as they can do the job they're needed to do.

What does actually Mr. Marko do for RBR other than protecting his cry-baby SebVet?  :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:55 PM »

What does actually Mr. Marko do for RBR other than protecting his cry-baby SebVet?  :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

In Canada and the USA we have 'rodeos'.  (If you followed Indycar you might've heard of Randy Bernard who had previously experience running rodeos).  While a rodeo involves many events where people torture animals (no judgement, but I can't sum it up any other way), the premier event is bull riding.  Someone tries to ride an angry bull for 8 seconds.  In the ring are the rider, the bull, and rodeo clowns.  The clowns are there to entertain the crowd between rides, and to distract the bull and protect the rider when they fall off.

So, yes, I'm suggesting Marko is a clown... but that there is a need for a clown.  He entertains us between races, and keeps the press off Vettel's back.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

In you're own inimitable style Jeri, you've nailed it.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 06:02:04 PM »
Good one Jeri...   :DD :DD  :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »

In Canada and the USA we have 'rodeos'.  (If you followed Indycar you might've heard of Randy Bernard who had previously experience running rodeos).  While a rodeo involves many events where people torture animals (no judgement, but I can't sum it up any other way), the premier event is bull riding.  Someone tries to ride an angry bull for 8 seconds.  In the ring are the rider, the bull, and rodeo clowns.  The clowns are there to entertain the crowd between rides, and to distract the bull and protect the rider when they fall off.

So, yes, I'm suggesting Marko is a clown... but that there is a need for a clown.  He entertains us between races, and keeps the press off Vettel's back.

I knew what Rodeo was Jeri, but thank you so much for defining it in a whole new way.  :DD :DD :DD

Offline Willy

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
[ftp]I rate Marko on about the same level as Craig Pollock...way in over their heads when it comes to F1.  If someone actually handed the keys to the sport over to Marko when Ecclestone is gone, F1 would be doomed.
[ftp]
Can't agree more.
And Jeri...thanks for your insightful comments about a "sport" that should be abolished......rodeo. I come from Calgary and spent many years speaking against their yearly slaughter of horses they like to call The Calgary Stampede.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle