collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 613
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Perez backed by Mclaren  (Read 2977 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Perez backed by Mclaren
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
Kimi said it in the heat of the moment, those who are actually wishing that Kimi will keep his word, well ask something else from Santa, because it not going happen for real.

As far as Perez's move with Kimi is concerned, it was just a racing incidence. He got success with Alonso & Button, so he was trying to do the same, and 3rd time got unlucky. But he must also be wise enough not try this sort of thing in the latter stage of the race, when you have a very struggling for this season, and points are very important for the team. Be brave but be wise as well.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
All I can say is that if I was Kimi, I'd want give Perez a good kicking for ruining my race through his stupidity.  :P
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
To be completely fair, Perez should take out Vettel at a future race.  :tease:
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 07:27:58 PM »
 :DD  :DD  I'll go along with that Lonny.

Offline Willy

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 12:44:30 AM »
Given that this happened to Kimi, I am p*ssed.
If it had been Perez hitting Vettel...I would be cheering.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »
I'm not sure anyone can picture Kimi getting caught up in the heat of the moment and actually popping Perez on the nose.

In view of the possible consequences, neither can I; however, it still doesn't excuse saying it.  Sure, all drivers say things like 'he's an idiot' or words to that effect, but actually threatening violence is way way over the top.

(If this was the USA, then Fox would sign Kimi and Perez to a fight contract, then let them go three rounds in the boxing ring on live TV.)

I could well believe it.

All I can say is that if I was Kimi, I'd want give Perez a good kicking for ruining my race through his stupidity.  :P

Thankfully, you're not ;).
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
I think the actual quote was 'Perez needs a punch in the face', not that Kimi was suggesting he is the one to provide it.  So I guess it wasn't actually a threat, just a suggested punishment  ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:35 PM »
I dunno, if Kimi had of slapped him it would have brightened up a pretty dull day.  :tease:  ::)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 05:34:53 AM »
I've never seen or heard an actual first hand account, but I have heard rumors that back in the '50s and '60s if a driver was thought to be a tad too aggressive, a couple of the more experienced drivers would take him out behind the paddock and "explain" the error of his ways to him. Ah well, times change.  ;)
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 12:36:20 PM »
Michael Schumacher whacked Takuma Sato across the helmet in Belgium 2005 after a particularly silly passing attempt on the latter's part. It definitely happened because it was caught on camera and broadcast at the time. Sadly, this did not appear to enlighten Taku: two races later, he was disqualified after a particularly silly passing attempt on Jarno Trulli ended in tears.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle