collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 394
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: ******** wins 500[spoiler inside]  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Dare

******** wins 500[spoiler inside]
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:33:36 PM »
IfScotty hasn't watched it yet,Tony Kanaan won

Race ends under yellow lights.Just doesn't seem right
does it.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: ******** wins 500[spoiler inside]
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
Still, all in all, a good race. New records for lap leaders & lead changes. Glad to see TK finally drink the milk, just wish it could have ended under green.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
Still, all in all, a good race. New records for lap leaders & lead changes. Glad to see TK finally drink the milk, just wish it could have ended under green.

It was being set up for a great finish,any of 54 drivers maybe more had
a shot to win this one.I don't think races should end under a yellow flag,
again that's just me.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:06:03 PM »
It was grand to have Jim Nabors back at the track, too!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 05:13:45 AM »
I was sitting just past pit entrance today. I have always liked Tony, but the way the crowd loved him and reacted to him through the whole race was magical. When he took the lead 10 or so laps in the whole track lit up. Cheers filled the crowd every time he past in the lead. Then when we saw Dario in the wall and realized TK had won, it was, well, indescribable. 300,000 people roared to life, I instinctively hugged the random stranger next to me, everyone was screaming and jumping for joy.

I will never forget those last 20 laps and finish. Sure it would have been great if it would have ended under green, but having TK win and seeing the reaction of the crowd was well worth the yellow finish. It truly was the greatest spectacle in racing.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
Fantastic.  Tony is the only current Indy driver I have actually met (12 yrs ago).  Such a friendly guy - had time for everyone.  So unlike another driver I saw at the same race, Montoya - who had no time for anyone except his then girlfriend and his groupies.

Good for Kanaan!  A true great of Indycars.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
I was sitting just past pit entrance today. I have always liked Tony, but the way the crowd loved him and reacted to him through the whole race was magical. When he took the lead 10 or so laps in the whole track lit up. Cheers filled the crowd every time he past in the lead. Then when we saw Dario in the wall and realized TK had won, it was, well, indescribable. 300,000 people roared to life, I instinctively hugged the random stranger next to me, everyone was screaming and jumping for joy.

I will never forget those last 20 laps and finish. Sure it would have been great if it would have ended under green, but having TK win and seeing the reaction of the crowd was well worth the yellow finish. It truly was the greatest spectacle in racing.

Happy for you PG, that you had such a wonderful time. I hope you will have the same Canada GP, and please share some pics for us..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle