collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 534
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'Only McLaren happy with Perez'  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Dare

'Only McLaren happy with Perez'
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
From PlanetF1

There's aggressive driving and stupid driving,you
decide your own opinion on Perez

Sergio Perez has come under come under fire from Fernando Alonso and Lotus boss Eric Boullier after an action-packed Monaco GP.

Perez was involved in incidents with his McLaren team-mate Jenson Button, Ferrari's Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen on Sunday. Button once again complained during the race about his team-mate's driving while Alonso and Raikkonen's Lotus team were also not pleased.

The Mexican ducked on the inside of Alonso at the chicane, which forced the Spaniard to cut the corner and he was later told to give the place to the McLaren man. Perez tried to pull off the same daring move on Raikkonen in the closing stage of the race, but they made contact and the Finn had to make a late pit stop.

Perez's car was also damaged in the incident and he was forced to park his MP4-28 on lap 74.

His antics, though, didn't escape any criticism from Alonso.

"Really I don't want to make too much attention on this because the most important thing is that Felipe [Massa]'s good [after a heavy crash] and the second most important thing is [Nico] Rosberg that won the race," Alonso was quoted as saying by Sky Sports F1.

"Then with Perez he has the car parked in the Rascasse - that is the only point that you can say.

"He was lucky this year in two or three incidents. In Bahrain nearly contact with Jenson, with me I was off the track avoiding contact. Here at the chicane I avoided contact again, but Kimi was not lucky because he didn't avoid the contact. But only McLaren has to be happy with him."

Raikkonen somehow managed to finish P10 after making a late stop, but his team principal Boullier was not pleased with Perez's driving.

"He tried once and if you look at the video he was attempting very, very late braking misunderstanding the braking line of Kimi. I think that was a little bit too much," Boullier told reporters.

"He nearly crashed with his team-mate in Bahrain, here there was also a little bit of action. It looks like he's trying to often to be too aggressive and attempt something which is most of the time impossible to do."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

Re: 'Only McLaren happy with Perez'
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 09:34:05 PM »
Perez was driving as if his race seat was on the line. It may be.
But he was also making some ballsy passes that may not have been the safest we have seen on the narrow streets of Moneyville.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
Pérez is driving like he's in a banger race. Hint: banger racing is a bit too scruffy to be allowed in Monte Carlo.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:59:12 AM »
Perez's antics really annoyed me and I still cannot believe the stewards told Alonso that he had to give up his position.
If Alonso had stayed on the track, Perez (with both front wheels locked) would have hit him and in my opinion would have then been penalised for causing an avoidable accident. But because Alonso avoided the accident, he was told to give up the place - go figure!

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
That peed me off too monty, I think Perez should have been the one penalised.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »
Of course McLaren is happy with Perez. Without his antics, the team (and their sponsors) would be getting almost no TV air time at all!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
I could understand the stewards' actions - Alonso did skip the chicane, and Pérez paid the natural consequences for his mistake against Raikkonen - but there was no good reason for much of his behaviour this weekend. I don't think Kimi's proposed remedy would work, but a stern informal warning from stewards might.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
Fair enough Ali, yes, Alonso did skip the chicane, but it was either that or have Perez take him out. I dunno Ali, I think Kimi's remedy would work better than an informal warning from the stewards.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 03:04:57 PM »
I can see why Alonso did what he did, but the stewards had as little option about penalising him as he did about skipping the chicane in the first place
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
I also think that the stewards were right on this one, even if the move was rather, how shall I put it, late in the day by Pérez.  I'm not as hard on him as some of you are.  On other tracks, he would have been able to make those moves, but the problem at Monaco is that there just isn't enough space to get away with some of those passes, and he didn't factor that in.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle