collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 376
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Two New Features  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Wizzo

Two New Features
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »
I have introduced two new features to the site that hopefully you will find useful.

1. Roll-over - When browsing topics, roll your mouse over the title of the topics and you'll be given a preview of the first post. It should work on all devices.

2. Social Networking - On the first post of every topic there will be three buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Google +1. For those of you who use these sites then the buttons are self explanatory and if you use them then it could drive some extra traffic/members our way.

Let me know what you think.

Wiz
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:23:26 AM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

vintly

Re: Two New Features
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »
Good stuff Wiz  :good: :good: :good:

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »
Great stuff Wiz.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:49 AM »
I can only Facebook them, but will start sharing interesting topics.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »
Both are very good ideas Wizzo, thank you.

I despise social media myself, and I don't use it; however, I recognise that this is the way that most teenagers, and people under 25 prefer to communicate now, so a bid to pull new members in through Facebook, Twitter et al, is a good move.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »
In defence of social media for the over 25yr olds...

People often don't live nearby many of their friends, and can't just meet for coffee or a beer for chats.  The vast majority of my friends live many time zones away from me, and I do feel a need to communicate with them, so Facebook is a way to stay in touch without constantly sending emails or picking up the phone (which I still do, though with the time zones and everyone's work schedules, it is a bit difficult at times).

This forum is also a form of social media, and on it we have created a friendly community with people we would never have met locally.   In fact I think many of the people here I would consider good friends and am grateful I have met them.   :good: :good:

vintly

Two New Features
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:38 AM »
Both are very good ideas Wizzo, thank you.

I despise social media myself, and I don't use it; however, I recognise that this is the way that most teenagers, and people under 25 prefer to communicate now, so a bid to pull new members in through Facebook, Twitter et al, is a good move.

You're using it!

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 12:05:25 AM »
E-mail trumps social media for communication in my opinion, but if you like Facebook, I'm not going to quibble about it.  I'm just saying that it's not my thing.

A forum isn't social media in the current sense of social media, although it may have been in the past.  Current social media is defined as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and similar things like Google+.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »

A forum isn't social media in the current sense of social media, although it may have been in the past.  Current social media is defined as blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and similar things like Google+.

Well if this forum ain't social I don't know what is.  :confused:
GPWiz is one of the friendliest places on the whole t'internet thingammy. ::)
We may disagree - especially about the great Schumacher -  :good: ;) 
but No trolls or bullies here, :nono: just like guys and gals down the F1 pub.   :yahoo:  :yahoo:

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:24:50 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »
As you hear more and more about how much information Facebook, Google et al. are collecting every time you use them, it feels like you have no privacy on the 'net. It's tough to avoid Google, but Facebook I can pass on even though several people have asked me to join.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:56 AM »
I tell my kids constantly that if you want to say something privately to someone, pick up the phone and call them...anything ou post on the internet is ultimately public, whether it is a post on facebook, or a private chat message that someone shares.  They both don't seem to get it, and continue to use chat as if it's private.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 02:48:59 PM »
but No trolls or bullies here, :nono: just like guys and gals down the F1 pub.   :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I agree :).

I didn't come up with this definition of social media, incidentally, I'm just going by what people who know about the subject say ;).

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »

We've had a few trolls and wannabe bullies but fortunately
they don't hang around long
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 05:59:36 PM »
Where have David and WilliamsFan gone?   :( :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle