collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 514
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa: The car was stuck in fifth  (Read 693 times)

Offline Dare

Massa: The car was stuck in fifth
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »
PlanetF1

My question,was it stuck in 5th before or after
the spin?I wonder who's replacing Massa next year?

Felipe Massa says it wasn't his spin that put him out of the German GP, rather it was the fact that his car was stuck in fifth.

The Ferrari driver's Sunday afternoon at the Nurburgring was over almost before it began as he spun off the track at Turn One on lap three.

Massa appeared to stall and climbed out of his car calling it a day but later revealed that his F138 was actually stuck in fifth gear, making it impossible for him to pull away.

"I braked at the straight and locked the rear wheels," the 32-year-old said.

"The car went sidewards to the right and then I corrected and it went sideways to the left.

"I stopped the car and was in fifth gear and tried to go down to first to get out but the gear was not going down. I was stuck in fifth gear.

"I tried to get out but the engine stopped, went out because it is difficult to leave in fifth gear. It just was not possible."

And although the Brazilian's grand prix was a short one, he still got to experience the revised Pirelli tyres which he reckons made little difference to the order of things.

"I see Red Bull were competitive in qualifying and in the race and Lotus was competitive as well, in the race more than in qualifying.

"Mercedes were very competitive in qualifying, a bit less for the race as when it gets a bit hot they suffer a lot more and use more of the tyres.

"We were more or less there, the car was not so bad on this track so I think maybe the Red Bulls were a bit stronger than us and the Lotus as well.

"But I don't think it [the tyres] changed so much, I don't think it was a bit thing."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Massa: The car was stuck in fifth
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 08:42:29 PM »
I can't see why Massa's car would have spun left at a right-hand bend without some malady occurring. Admittedly, a gearbox issue is a surprise, but it certainly won't have helped.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

Re: Massa: The car was stuck in fifth
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
It was an odd spin, so maybe he did have a gearbox issue.  It reminded me a bit of when Damon Hill went off on lap 2 of the 1995 German Grand Prix at Hockenheim when something 'locked up at the rear'.  Massa's spin will go down as driver error, but it was a very uncharacteristic way to go off.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle