collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 18130 times)

Offline Wizzo

Donations
« on: July 09, 2013, 07:41:37 PM »
GPWizard has grown over the years in many ways. All of us generate gigabytes of traffic per day, and we use a substantial part of a rack-mounted server. Looking at the not-so-distant future, we may need our own dedicated server with upgraded bandwidth. GPWizard has bandwidth costs, hosting costs, url costs, software costs and hardware costs.

This year we have seen a complete revamp of the site including new chat software that works on all mobile devices, a Shoutbox, Direct BBC news link, Forum Newsletter and many other new features. The new Grid Game system alone involved the hiring of a freelance programmer to tailor the software to our exact needs.  All these things add up and it has reached a point where I can no longer pretend this site costs absolutely nothing to run. Advertising has helped over the years but it is now less than 10% of what is needed to run the site on an annual basis.

GPWizard is FREE and always will be, but I would hate to see this great community suffer because it lacks some source of revenue. To this end I have reluctantly introduced a donation system so that we can secure GPWizard's future and continue to add improvements along the way. Anyone can pledge as little (or as much) as they want throughout the year via our PayPal, (all credit cards accepted), donation button in the left hand column. All donations of any size are welcome, as they say, ‘Every little helps’. Plus you'll feel all warm and happy inside - I promise.  :D

Your ideas, thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Wiz

Disclaimer:
Absolutely ALL proceeds from donations will benefit this community. None of your hard-earned money will be invested in speedboats, tropical holidays, Mrs Wiz and/or controlled substances of any kind.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:44:15 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »
Well, first thing you have to sort out is to not get an error when someone tries to make a donation  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Apparently I cannot view the treasury  :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:45 PM »
Ha! Typical! All sorted now Scott.

Cheers

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 04:41:58 AM »
I would love to donate a couple of bags of Dog Food (or other controlled substance), but you say to click on the Donate button on the side bar..... There is no sidebar on my screen or anywhere else!
Can you give me an email address that I can send a donation to using PayPal? :DntKnw:
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:15:41 PM »
Hey Luke,

Try this link: Donations

If not then all dog food can be sent to info@gpwizard.co.uk  ;)

Thank you kindly

Wiz

Wizzo

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19:55 PM »
Thanks Wiz
Okay, that worked, maybe it will help to keep this great site online.  :good:
Appreciate it!
Luke
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:26:29 PM »
Hey Luke,

Please accept my Great Big Thank You for your donation! Its very kind of you and rest assured it goes a long way to keep the site alive and kicking!   :yahoo:

All the best.  :good:

Wiz

Wizzo

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:12:55 AM »
Wiz
I just now sent a donation, and see that you also accept advertising to help offset your costs. If the rate is not too much and it will actually assist you, I may be interested in a small ad spot. Let me know. Thanks, Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle