collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 561
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Gas prices around the world  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Dare

Re: Gas prices around the world
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:58 PM »
I remember when the teams used to super cool the fuel to pack as much in as densely as possible. Not sure in the real world if the difference would be significant.

from a gas saving myths article
Filling up in cold temperatures gets you more gas

The theory here is sound: the colder gasoline is, the denser it is, meaning you should be able to get more gas into your gas tank when the gas and the outside temperature are cold.

Not so, says Consumer Reports. Because gas station tanks are stored underground, the difference you’ll see in the amount of gas you can pump on a hot versus cold day is negligible.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
I think altitude would affect it more than the few degrees difference in underground tanks around the world.  You guys in practically sea level UK get the best deal of all  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:22 PM »
we get shafted for everything in this country vintly, especially by the government.

Wanna buy some skyhooks?

Offline Dare

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2013, 01:35:32 AM »
yippe,gas has gone up 56 cents a gallon since Wednesday
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »
Same here, Dare. I'm still waiting to hear what the excuse is this time. BTW, my work truck has a 35 gallon tank.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
Used to have a motorhome with 2 35 gallon tanks, emphasis on used to have.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2013, 08:04:27 PM »

So the prices in the US have finally crept, or rather leaped, past half what we pay in the UK, ooh we feel really sorry for y'all.   :P

Now you know why we gave up V8s a long long time ago.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
Same here, Dare. I'm still waiting to hear what the excuse is this time. BTW, my work truck has a 35 gallon tank.

I think it's the old something maybe could possible happen
with the trouble in Egypt and they took our surplus'es and sold
them over seas so now we have a low surplus of gas here.

Does it make sense they take the oil from
ship it over seas in the first place? >:(

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:57 AM »

So the prices in the US have finally crept, or rather leaped, past half what we pay in the UK, ooh we feel really sorry for y'all.   :P

I like our system better. When gas goes up, we keep the V8's & get rid of the government. It works much better that way.  :P
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2013, 02:15:20 AM »

I'm afraid that ain't gonna work any more
Cos.Gas prices are out of the gov't hands now,
probably for good.

I like our system better. When gas goes up, we keep the V8's & get rid of the government. It works much better that way.  :P

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 06:04:48 PM »

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD Can't think of a better solution  :good: :good:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »
Where I live, there are basically two options. For £1.28-£1.30 a litre (variance within a 10-mile radius around my house), you can have fuel that's 10% water. Cars have been known to break down when fed with it.

For £1.37-£1.44 a litre (variance within the same 10-mile radius), you get the same fuel but without the dilution. This is the stuff most people would recognise as "fuel". It was £1.42-£1.46 a litre until about 2 weeks ago. Possibly because the heatwave has led to lots of people heading for the touristy areas east and west of me, and therefore moving the demand over there instead of here (diluted prices haven't moved, which fits because poor people can't afford holidays). Certainly, I expect the prices to return to normal, or higher, by autumn.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle