collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 364
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Will Massa keep his Ferrari seat on F1 grid next season?

YES - he's still the best option for Ferrari
2 (15.4%)
NO - he's definetly for the chop
5 (38.5%)
Maybe - he just needs a few good results
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 28, 2013, 12:43:09 PM

Author Topic: Is Massa's F1 seat at Ferrari up for grabs?  (Read 5635 times)

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Is Massa's F1 seat at Ferrari up for grabs?
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:43:09 PM »
Felipe Massa has insisted he is not worried about keeping his place with Ferrari, despite his recent woes, according to Crash.net/f1.

Massa season so far has been mixed, and while he was third in Spain, the Brazilian has scored just twelve points from the four races since then and most recently spun out early on in Germany.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo came to his defence earlier this month and said he has 'total confidence' in the 32-year-old.

His form – or lack of it – was again brought up though during the Young Driver Test, and Massa again had to fight his corner.

“I know what I have to do [to keep my drive],” Massa told the press today at Silverstone. “I am just concentrating on doing good results. The pace is there so I'm not worried about that. I have shown good pace in most of the races. Things have just happened and I haven't finished a few races. We just need to concentrate and try to keep the pace and just finish. I know if nothing strange happens I will end up in a good position."

“I need to improve my consistency a little bit more to finish the races – that's the most important thing,” he added.
(report by Crash.net/f1, Friday 19th July)   

- So will he still be in the Maranello chariot next year, that's the burning question?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 07:14:00 AM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Is Massa's F1 seat at Ferrari up for grabs?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
I think Massa will probably keep his seat.  Unless he crashes out the rest of the races, or someone pops up on Ferrari's radar that impresses the heck out of them.  At the moment I would say he has a 2014 contract.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 03:33:26 PM »
I would think he will be still there.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »
I would think he will be still there.

I think he might be gone

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:03:44 PM »
I think it depends on what sponsors Massa can bring, and what sponsors a hypothetical replacement can bring.

I'd hate to see a guy like Massa go, but remaining at the top of F1 (and surely being a Ferrari driver is as high as an F1 driver can go) takes so many things going right. 

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »
I have never seen a clear explanation for his recent accidents. If they were definitely his fault I would say he has no chance of keeping the seat next year.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
In previous years we have seen that, in a good car Massa is really quick, may be not as precise as Alonso, but enough to make his bosses from Italy happy. But in a bad car, he does really struggle quite a lot, so I have a feeling they will keep him for the 2014 as well because putting a new driver in a new era of regulation will hamper their progress for sure.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 04:51:43 PM »
I think it depends on what sponsors Massa can bring, and what sponsors a hypothetical replacement can bring.

I don't see Ferrari looking for a pay driver.  Sponsorship has nothing to do with their driver choice. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
Nothing personal to Felipe I don't mind him as a driver and he certainly knows his place in the team ;) But I feel his time maybe coming to an end.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:44 PM »
I think Massa may stay for the same reason that Barachello was there for so long. He's the best driver available who is happy to be a "2nd driver."
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »
I don't think there are any decent #2 drivers on the market for 2014; all the drivers available are either not worthy of Ferrari's consideration in any capacity or would need at least equal #1 status to be happy. Though if Felipe has a shocker of a second half of the season, all bets are off.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 02:59:17 AM »
I have a replacement in mind and his
initials are GF.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 04:04:38 AM »
Gerald Ford?  :o Ain't he dead?
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 04:08:45 AM »

I don't see Ferrari looking for a pay driver.  Sponsorship has nothing to do with their driver choice.

I'm sure it was a coincidence that a Spanish bank paid enough to kick the last Ferrari champion out of the sport to make room for a Spanish driver...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
Going into a season where so much is changing, I think Ferrari would need a very compelling reason to drop Massa. He can be very quick, he has a lot of experience and he is well embedded in the team. Unless they can land a driver who is markedly quicker, I think they will stay with Felipe at least one more year.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle