collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 470
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kimi has signed for Ferrari next year  (Read 3010 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Kimi has signed for Ferrari next year
« on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
Either Massa, or even Alonso, will move over for him; if rumour true.  :o

Rumours that Kimi Raikkonen will return to Ferrari next year is gathering pace with a Finnish paper claiming it's a done deal.

Mark Webber's decision to quit from Formula One at the end of this season has opened the door for a game of musical chairs over the next few months.

Red Bull initially announced that Lotus driver Raikkonen as well as Toro Rosso duo Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo were on the shortlist to replace Webber, but Ferrari's Fernando Alonso has also entered the fray in recent weeks.

Although double World Champion Alonso has a long-term deal with the Scuderia, Red Bull team owner Dietrich Mateschitz is apparently eager to bring the Spaniard to Milton Keynes where he will partner with Sebastian Vettel.

With Alonso now appearing to be Red Bull's number one target, Ferrari have reportedly turned their attention to Raikkonen.

The Finn drove won his only World Championship during his debut season with Ferrari in 2007 and he drove for them until he was paid off at the end of 2009 to make way for Alonso.

According to Ilta-Sanomat, their sources have confirmed that Raikkonen has decided to move back to Ferrari next year.

Planetf1.com, Today.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 06:06:52 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Kimi has signed for Ferrari next year
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
My knowledge of F1 history is a little incomplete.

Has a team ever broken up their driver lineup, and then returned to it years later? (As would be the case with a hypothetical Massa-Kimi lineup)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »
Say it ain't so...somebody  :( :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
It doesn't make sense to me.Why would Red Bull
need or even want Alonso and why would Alonso even
take a chance on troubles with Vettle?

And wouldn't Kimi be better off staying with Lotus unless
Ferrari has shown him they have a winner next year.

Either way I think Massa's days are numbered
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:50:09 AM »
I think Kimi is tired of wondering when his paycheck will arrive. Still, if Red Bull was interested in him, why wouldn't he prefer them to Ferrari? he said winning is more important to him than money anyway.  :DntKnw:
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 05:07:49 AM »
In Lotus I guess Kimi is worried about their lack of the ability to tackle the regulation change next year. They have also lost key person James Allison to Ferrari. This might be the trigger which is why Kimi will join Ferrari, while there seems an offer in Red Bull. With an era of regulation change, Kimi might consider a proven team over the times of Ferrari than the new team in the block Red Bull.

Honestly people, I think this Alonso, Kimi, Red Bull, Ferrari is nothing but idle works of F1 journalist who does not participate GPW's Hangman Competition  :P :P
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 08:05:05 AM »
If there is ANY truth to this, then I suspect something in the RBR contract they offered Kimi doesn't suit him - whether it is PR schedule or something about keeping Seb's rear wing in front of him, either of which would only mean RBR isn't that serious about signing him.

But I suspect this is just a case of a journo wanting to get something published, even if it is just fiction.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »
I am going on record to say; this is absolute rubbish!
Unfortunately, if I think it is rubbish, it is probably true  :(

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
I am going on record to say; this is absolute rubbish!
Unfortunately, if I think it is rubbish, it is probably true  :(

Will you ever say "Sebastian Vettel not winning the championship is absolutely rubbish". For the sake of racing please can you say that??

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
Will you ever say "Sebastian Vettel not winning the championship is absolutely rubbish". For the sake of racing please can you say that??
I got confused with the number of negatives in that statement but I think you want me to say that:- 'I categorically believe that Sebastian Vettel will win the 2013 WDC' because, then it will not happen  :crazy:

vintly

Kimi has signed for Ferrari next year
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
I got confused with the number of negatives in that statement but I think you want me to say that:- 'I categorically believe that Sebastian Vettel will win the 2013 WDC' because, then it will not happen  :crazy:

It's ok guys, after five in a row Seb will prolly take a sabbatical.

Back to the Kimi / Ferrari story - if it's true it's mad, so it must be false. Simple. I'll eat my hat* if Kimi goes to Ferrari.

* mini chocolate hat

Offline Willy

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 12:24:30 AM »
What about a Kimi/Alonso lineup at Ferrari next year?
If Lotus can't seem to get the paychecks coming regularly then Kimi is right to go where they can pay him.
But, Ferrari has not been very consistant this season.
Will next year be better?

I am unsure if this whole story is bulls%^t or not, as it's that time of year.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »
Since the rumor floated that Ferd's people were talking to Red Bull, I think Ferrari wanted to remind him that they also had options. Even with a more steady paycheck I cannot see Kimi moving to a less competitive team. Lotus has been much quicker than Ferrari this year, and Ferrari seems to be losing ground, not closing the gap. Kimi to Red Bull, maybe; to Ferrari, no.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
My knowledge of F1 history is a little incomplete.

Has a team ever broken up their driver lineup, and then returned to it years later? (As would be the case with a hypothetical Massa-Kimi lineup)

Yes.

Patrese and Mansell were team mates at Williams in 1988.  Mansell moved to Ferrari from 1989-1990, but then returned to Williams to partner Patrese from 1991-1992.  There are most likely other examples too, but this is the most obvious example which springs to my mind.

I think that Raikkonen is looking increasingly likely to go to Ferrari.  I'm not sure that it's a done deal though, because the rumours are that Di Montezemolo is opposed to the team hiring Raikkonen.  I think that much will depend on how Massa performs at Spa and Monza.  If he ups his game, he could keep his seat, but if he performs poorly, especially in front of the Tifosi, I think that Raikkonen could return.

I'd be disappointed, if Raikkonen does return to Ferrari though, as I want to see him take on Vettel at Red Bull.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
Its been rumored that Kimi has confessed to a friend in a drunken state that he will be driving Ferrari in Helsinki. Now who would like to believe a drunk Finn??? :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle