collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 330
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa:I have the pace  (Read 2987 times)

Online Dare

Massa:I have the pace
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
My problem with Massa is he shouldn't have to
keep finding the pace he should already have it
and keep it.Time to go Felipe

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Massa:I have the pace
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:18:22 PM »
The question is: who would replace Felipe? The only people who I can think of who are not already busy elsewhere (Webber, Fisico...) are either way too slow for the job (simply because Max Chilton or Pastor Maldonado would jump at a Ferrari chance doesn't make them the right candidates) or too fast (Raikkonen and Button would never cope with being asked to be unquestioned #2 to Alonso).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:59:39 PM »
The question is: who would replace Felipe? The only people who I can think of who are not already busy elsewhere (Webber, Fisico...) are either way too slow for the job (simply because Max Chilton or Pastor Maldonado would jump at a Ferrari chance doesn't make them the right candidates) or too fast (Raikkonen and Button would never cope with being asked to be unquestioned #2 to Alonso).

I'm sure Hulkenberg, Sutil or even Di Resta would be only too willing to sign a follow the man order on a Ferrari contract.  ;) 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »
To be honest, Jules Bianchi may also be a good option for Ferrari, as because the way he showed his easiness to be able to cope up with F1, and he is from the Driver development program of the team.

Though getting Hulkenburg or DiRiesta seems more of a safe option, but will they be better than Massa seems to be the question.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:50:28 PM »
I think Maldonado would be a good candidate.  He's shown he is fast when the car is fast, so the rest of the job would be up to Ferrari. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »
I think Maldonado would be a good candidate.  He's shown he is fast when the car is fast, so the rest of the job would be up to Ferrari.

I'd love to see him in scarlet and a front running car, I've been singing his praises since he joined F1, but with being able to bring big money backing I think he's unlikely to be happy with No 2 status, even at Ferrari. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »
I don't think that will matter.  Ferrari can take or leave the backing.  Maldo would be thrilled to just be on Ferrari, so I don't think he would make any noise about being No.2 for at least a couple of years, and very likely by then Fernando will be retiring or have moved on to a team that can give him a car for WDC.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »
Honestly Pastor may have the pace, but he is just too erratic & reckless to be hired by top teams. I think Ferrari is scared to give him a fast car, which might result in more shunts.

I have no doubt about his ability to drive a car, he had shown that last season with that brilliant Spanish GP win, what I question is his judgement to make moves which results in huge crash that are either avoidable or just plain stupidity.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
If he's in a faster car, there likely won't be as many cars in front of him to hit  :DntKnw:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
Honestly Pastor may have the pace, but he is just too erratic & reckless to be hired by top teams. I think Ferrari is scared to give him a fast car, which might result in more shunts.

Never stopped Big teams in the past BD. Ferrari hired one Jody Sheckter a real wrecker in his early career and McLaren put their faith in Hunt the Shunt, both took championships in the team's cars.  ;) 

I'm sure there's many more examples; there's a saying that goes something like this - you can teach drivers not to crash but you can't teach raw speed.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
Pastor's finishing record this year puts him an average of only 0.2 places ahead of a rookie team-mate despite coming 10th in a race from which Valterri retired. It means Pastor isn't fast, isn't improving and isn't consistent or reliable. For a good team that doesn't need the money, it's a no-win situation. Sheckter and Hunt, on the other hand, were fast when they weren't in the wall. This is why Ferrari and McLaren were happy to take a risk on people who'd shown they had good skill underneath.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
About the only thing Pastor has in his favor is boatloads of Venezuelan cash. With the changes in government down there, I wonder how much longer that will last.

Jules Bianchi might be a good move for Ferrari. He does seem to consistently get the best out of his equipment.

As for me, I'm still hoping to see Jarno Trulli return to F1 in a Ferrari.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

vintly

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
Ferrari should take Bianchi.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
Pastor's finishing record this year puts him an average of only 0.2 places ahead of a rookie team-mate despite coming 10th in a race from which Valterri retired. It means Pastor isn't fast, isn't improving and isn't consistent or reliable. For a good team that doesn't need the money, it's a no-win situation. Sheckter and Hunt, on the other hand, were fast when they weren't in the wall. This is why Ferrari and McLaren were happy to take a risk on people who'd shown they had good skill underneath.

With everyone singing the praises of Alonso doing better in the Ferrari than he has any right to do... remember that Maldonado won a race in the 8th best car last year.

When's the last time someone accomplished that?

Even Sebastian Vettel's win for STR was in a 6th best car!

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »
So true Jeri.  Maldo's had some troubles this year, but I still think he has some talent that just needs a bit more than William's soothing touch to bring it out. 

But hey, I'm OK with Bianchi also.  Nothing would drive the Tifosi mad like having an Italian in the Ferrari.   :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle