collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 329
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa:I have the pace  (Read 2989 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Massa:I have the pace
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:14 PM »
Bianchi is French.

Now, Jarno is Italian........ ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »
I don't think his grandparents are - Bianchi is a name from northern Italy.  They deliver our vegetables.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 05:16:26 PM »
I thought all of the Italian grandparents of future race drivers had moved to Scotland, like the Franchittis and the Ricciardos.  :crazy:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »
Well he is shown as a French driver, so he is French, does not matter what 0r where his grandparents live. Now Mario Balotelli is Italian, but sure his grandparents are not, but he is still considered as Italian. Mr. Obama's (Cos's Mr. President) grandparents are not from USA, does it mean he is not a US citizen?

Those yodlers must have done severe damage to Scotty, or may be those mugs are holding much more beer than Scotty can handle  :P
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 06:19:40 PM »
With everyone singing the praises of Alonso doing better in the Ferrari than he has any right to do... remember that Maldonado won a race in the 8th best car last year.

Last year's Williams was much better than that though.  The driver line up just performed so inconsistently that they did not do it justice.

Maldonado isn't good enough for Ferrari in my opinion.  What does he offer in terms of driving consistency to put him ahead of Massa?  Nothing in my view.  He's even more erratic, and gets involved in to many collisions.

Ferrari could take Bianchi, but it's probably too early for him to make such a high profile leap at this stage.  He's one to watch for the future though, as he's looked good at Marussia.

Massa's problem seems to have arisen since Monaco.  He has struggled a lot more since the two accidents in that one race meeting, and I think that he still has Hungary 2009 in the back of his mind every time he has a big accident.  This is understandable, so I'm not criticising him.

He is on the record as saying that he did come close to quitting at the end of last season.  Maybe the big crashes at Monaco this year have shaken him up a bit?  If they have, it might be time for him to retire, but I still think that good results in the next few races will save his Ferrari seat.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Willy

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
This may very well all be moot as a CNN correspondent has confirmed that Kimi has signed with Ferrari to take Massa's seat for 2014.

Once again....we do not have Ferrari or Raikkonen confirming this out loud yet, but.......
 Maybe at the Italian GP. That seems like the place Ferrari likes to announce changes. Just ask Michael S. Or Kimi.

Offline Scott

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »
Here it is, straight from the prancing horse's mouth:

http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/horse-whisperer-swallow-doesnt-summer
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »
I seem to remember them, Ferrari, being coy when James Allison's departure from Lotus was announced, look where he is now.  ;)

Having the media focus on 'no announcement' doesn't mean the Kimi deals not done.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Willy

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »
Massa is soooo past his best before date I am surprised he is still wearing Ferrari red.
Why does the soon to be vacant seat at Ferrari need to be filled by a current driver?
Surely there are many just on the cusp who could be taken under the Ferrari wing so to speak and given the chance of a lifetime.
Why do the lesser teams need to be the ones to give young drivers a chance when all they really want from early carting days is to drive a Ferrari.
The Young Drivers Test should have shown some potential candidates or in the lower classes there my be someone. Or more then one.

I realize this may not have been the way it has been done in the past but why not look at it from a different point of view. Has it always worked in the past?
 :DntKnw: :DntKnw: ;)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »
You have to prove yourself worthy of a Ferrari before you can join the team.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
Yeah, when is the last time Ferrari hired a rookie, even for their second seat?  Must be decades.

Offline Dare

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:52 PM »
Yeah, when is the last time Ferrari hired a rookie, even for their second seat?  Must be decades.

Gilles?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 05:51:56 AM »
Yes...I would say Gilles was the last one.
It has been done and maybe should be looked at again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle