collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 294
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel:booing is unfair  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Dare

Vettel:booing is unfair
« on: September 05, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Vettel:booing is unfair
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »
I guess he doesn't read what's written about him.

That's fair, I suppose, there's a lot written about him... and if he can't take a few boos, I should think reading everything written about him would be very hard to take.

If he is worried about his legacy, there's still time to turn his attitude around though!  Or maybe he realizes that the history books mostly care about the numbers.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 03:50:40 PM »
Multi-21 Seb, Multi-21.  You're going to be booed for a while.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
I link on that page lead me to this, written by Newey. Interesting and funny, It would seem not everyone at R/B is a Vettel fan either.

http://www.planetf1.com/off-on-f1/8865695/Adrian-s-Diary-Love-Of-Luigi
Lonny

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »
I was on the track, under the podium at the Canadian GP. The boos were so loud that we couldn't hear Martin Brundel at all during the interview with Seb.

A chant for Alonso also broke out. It was quite entertaining to watch Alonso blush as his name drowned out Vettel's interview!  :good:

(Yes I joined in on the chanting and booing)

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »
Commentator said the boos were actually for the Greenpeace demonstrators.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:06 PM »
Well all I can say is if you conduct yourself in the way he has in recent times your going to get booed.

Oh and a big thumbs up for you PG Gabriel for joining in the chanting and booing  :good:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »

OK Seb since you insist on reserving the right to be elbow your way past your coasting teammate, or 'racing' as you prefer to call it, whenever and wherever - I and many others reserve the right to boo you as unsportsmanlike whenever and wherever we choose.  :P

Top sportsmen achieve big wins by using fair, indifferent & sometimes foul means, public adoration isn't simply compelled just by winning, we all have to buy the concept as well Herr Vettel.  ::) 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »
Well said.  :good: :good:
Lonny

Offline Willy

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »
Vettel seems to think that the booing is due to his current action on the track or events of the moment.
He has missed the point that it is his general attitude and lack of respect for the rest of the F1 community that has garnered him with the fans ire.

Good find Lonny.....Newey's comments are amusing.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »
In lieu of booing him, being silent would be far more effective.  Applaud the other drivers, and just be silent when Vettel receives his trophy, and walks on the podium.  It sends a more powerful message, and doesn't convey the same level of 'cheapness' that booing does in my view.

His problem, as usual, is that he refuses to accept that any of his behaviour could possibly have contributed to the reception he receives.  He thinks that it's because he's winning all the time, but it's not.  I don't remember Mansell being booed when he won so many races in 1992, or Prost and Senna being booed in 1988 when they won 15 of the 16 races between them.  You can dominate and be respected.  Vettel hasn't learnt that you have to earn respect, and you don't do that solely by winning races.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle