collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 155
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: One of the many reasons I hate soccer...  (Read 3975 times)

Offline Scott

One of the many reasons I hate soccer...
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
Too much of this stuff.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

Re: One of the many reasons I hate soccer...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »
I've no time for footballers either, overpaid prima donna's.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
I wonder how they would react if they slammed into a crash barrier like many an F1 driver?
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »
Interestingly, the coach of the Dallas Cowboys accused the New York Giants of faking injuries to slow down the the Cowboys' offense during their American Football game this week.
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
Blimey Wiz, it would kill them, they limp off crying if they break a nail. Imagine if today's so called hard players had come up against Bremner, Hunter or J Charlton for example.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

vintly

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »
Good thread title.

It's not just the players, their coaches and managers defend their hideous actions. The pundits condone cheating. It's totally accepted to fake a foul when necessary. FIFA is more than a bit corrupt. They refuse to use video replays. It's full of biters, cheats, racists, liars and men with brains like mush who wouldn't know a role-model if one landed in their overpriced champagne.

I feel better for that.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »
You all need for the France family to take over. They would review the film, fine the player 10,000 euros and penalize the team a point in the standings.

:DD :DD :DD :DD
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:39:56 AM »
FIFA is more than a bit corrupt. They refuse to use video replays. It's full of biters, cheats, racists, liars and men with brains like mush who wouldn't know a role-model if one landed in their overpriced champagne.

I feel better for that.

:DD :DD Sepp Blatter (President of FIFA) is from a town about 5 minutes drive from us (Visp - my son actually has his Phys Ed class at the Joseph Blatter Elementary School).  I've had coffee with him on our terrace, and he comes to eat every few months when he's back in town.  I'll pass your comments along Vintly  ;) ;)

For the record, he NEVER talks about soccer when he's here, probably because I've told him I can't stand the sport.  He's actually a really nice guy, I can't say anything about him that's not good, but I rarely read a European newspaper, so maybe I've just skipped over it.

vintly

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 11:57:09 AM »
:DD :DD Sepp Blatter (President of FIFA) is from a town about 5 minutes drive from us (Visp - my son actually has his Phys Ed class at the Joseph Blatter Elementary School).  I've had coffee with him on our terrace, and he comes to eat every few months when he's back in town.  I'll pass your comments along Vintly  ;) ;)

For the record, he NEVER talks about soccer when he's here, probably because I've told him I can't stand the sport.  He's actually a really nice guy, I can't say anything about him that's not good, but I rarely read a European newspaper, so maybe I've just skipped over it.

You're mates with the guy! Coffee on the terrace no less, wonderful stuff Scott, love it. Next time, as he bites into a biscotti biscuit (Is the Scotty-Biscotti brand up and running yet?) ask him when the hell is it gonna be time to bring in video replays, huh? Huh??

He's certainly been at the centre of a lot of corruption issues within FIFA, and the standard (no doubt media-biased) view of him in the UK as I understand it is less than favourable. There was a TV programme special all about FIFA corruption not long ago.

Which other high flyers of sport and industry do you chat with on the terrace I wonder...? You're not near Davos are you? IMF whatsit World Bank something European Bank meeting there is it not. Tell Ban Ki Moon to give Syria a really good trade break yeah? And tell Bono to take his damn shades off when he's inside.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »
He just knows me as 'The Canadian Guy' here, so I wouldn't call us 'mates', but honestly, on a personal basis, he's a really friendly guy.

That's my list for Swiss celebrities - wish I could oblige, but that's all.  Davos is about 5hrs away.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 01:07:48 AM »
Reminds me of two little kids in the back seat on a long trip: "Mom, he's hittin' me!"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle