collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 503
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Masssa to Lotus?  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Dare

Masssa to Lotus?
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
I hope not,Lotus needs a young daring driver
not one that waits till the end of season then
drives to save his seat for next year

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8924698/Massa-Negotiating-With-Lotus-For-2014

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Masssa to Lotus?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »
When I read him say 'we are trying to find a way for Lotus to continue to have a competitive car', makes me think they want him to bring some sponsorship along.  Will Massa be a pay driver?   :DntKnw:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
When I read him say 'we are trying to find a way for Lotus to continue to have a competitive car', makes me think they want him to bring some sponsorship along.  Will Massa be a pay driver?   :DntKnw:

Brazil's economy is on the rise, and having only one Brazillian on the grid seems to be a low point.  I'm sure arrangements could be made.

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 02:48:34 AM »
Massa lost his edge when he came back after his accident.
Much like Ralf after the US GP at Indy.
Ralf was smart enough to get out.......Massa not so much.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:51:05 AM »
I'm with Dare, I hope Lotus is wise enough to go with another young charger rather than a mediocre cast off from Ferrari (A little harsh?  Where is David to give me heck for that one?).

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »
I'm with Dare, I hope Lotus is wise enough to go with another young charger rather than a mediocre cast off from Ferrari (A little harsh?  Where is David to give me heck for that one?).

A driver who have defeated Fernando Alonso 4 times out of 12 this season in qualifying, can't be said a mediocre. Yes I agree he lost his edge, started the year very competitively and lost his way in the mid-season, but still he can be a better driver than many of the grid.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 03:56:21 PM »
We all have our opinions.  Alonso has many times over proven that grid position is not all that important to him.  The record on race finishes is that Alonso slaughtered Massa on all occasions except for his one DNF in Malaysia.  Massa has made it to the podium once this season.  Alonso?  7 times.  With Filipe's experience, he should have showed much better vs Alonso if he were anything but a mediocre driver*.

*disclaimer...if you haven't noticed, I have slagged off Massa as long as he's been in F1.  I am no fan, in fact Massa is my absolute least respected driver in F1 (now that Rubens is gone).  Don't know, something about Ferrari 2nd drivers - though I did have a soft spot for Irvine.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »

I've always felt that Massa was in over his head in F1.  He's a race winner though, and when he gets his passion, he's one of the top ten drivers in the sport.  I think Lotus would be okay having a part time brilliant driver than taking a risk on someone they need to develope.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 04:19:08 PM »

I've always felt that Massa was in over his head in F1.  He's a race winner though, and when he gets his passion, he's one of the top ten drivers in the sport.  I think Lotus would be okay having a part time brilliant driver than taking a risk on someone they need to develope.

I think Rueben's would be a better choice than Massa and
I'm no Rueben's fan and he's been out of F1 for awhile.

Are their any IRL drivers that could move to F1 via Lotus?
Marco has the F1 genes in him whether he's good enough
is another story.Mario won a WDC and they say genius ships
a generation,sorry Michael
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
Massa should write a book.  Nobody else has driven with two of the very best of F1 - Schumacher and Alonso.  I think there are plenty of us that would appreciate an insight (as long as it wasn't a blabbermouth book - more like an insight into the back rooms and garage of Ferrari). 

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 04:56:19 PM »
Massa should write a book.  Nobody else has driven with two of the very best of F1 - Schumacher and Alonso.  I think there are plenty of us that would appreciate an insight (as long as it wasn't a blabbermouth book - more like an insight into the back rooms and garage of Ferrari).

How about 2 books?Let massa and Michael's ex-teamies
and mechanics contribute chapters on a behind the scenes
look on working with these two.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:08 PM »

*disclaimer...if you haven't noticed, I have slagged off Massa as long as he's been in F1.  I am no fan, in fact Massa is my absolute least respected driver in F1 (now that Rubens is gone).  Don't know, something about Ferrari 2nd drivers - though I did have a soft spot for Irvine.

Wonder who will you denote as the 2nd Driver for Ferrari in 2014. Should be fun  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 08:42:22 PM »
I think that will play out by mid-season.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »
Massa could end up at Lotus because the team is going to need someone with experience to help to guide development.  Grosjean is still a relative newcomer, and there are not that many other experienced drivers on the grid who are out of contract at the end of the season.  On that basis, I can see this move happening.

I think that some of you are unduly hard on Massa.  You don't come close to winning the world title without being a good driver.  He is, in my view, a good driver who has lost some of his edge since the 2009 accident, but, on his day he can still deliver results.  He isn't a great driver though, but then very few are.

I've never understood the hate for Barrichello that a number of people on this forum seem to have, incidentally.  I'll just say that I disagree with the anti-Barrichello sentiment, and leave it at that.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 12:28:19 AM »
Rueben's constant whining made him unpopular with a
few of us.

How about Kovalanen back at Lotus[Renault]he
can help develop the car

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle