collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 608
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso to McLaren?  (Read 1161 times)

vintly

Alonso to McLaren?
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »
Say it ain't so, please. We musn't have the top four in four different cars. And it would make Alonso look like a chicken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/24171278

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Alonso to McLaren?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »

Can't see how this can be for next year, 2014, as the new title sponsor replacement for Vodaphone that Macca are due to unveil at the end of the season is rumoured to be one of the Carlos Slim companies backing Perez' F1 adventures.

Much more likely IMHO is Alonso replacing Jens in 2015, rumour says Button will now only get Mark Webber style one year deals with options in McLaren's hands for each following year.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

vintly

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »
I certainly hope so John - but until he signs for Ferrari, or Perez is absolutely confirmed to stay at McLaren, I'm concerned!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 12:45:31 PM »
If Alonso bails to Mclaren for 2014, my guess is Button will be driving a Lotus next year while Mclaren pays him.

It would be such a shame if Alonso leaves Ferrari.  What all the fans have been waiting for is a pair-up like Kimi-Sebastion, or Kimi-Fernando.  Why are all the 'top drivers' so afraid of their peers, or more correctly (as the Kimi fan I am) are they afraid of Kimi?   :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
Martin Whitmarsh was on Sky at the end of P1 this morning. He said that he hasn't talked to Alonso or any of his representatives. He said that he was just responding to a question that he was asked.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

vintly

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »
It looks like a non-event - thank god. Spurious reporting and trigger happy posting - who started this thread anyway??

Oh.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »
It looks like a non-event - thank god. Spurious reporting and trigger happy posting - who started this thread anyway??

Oh.

:DD :DD :DD :DD Ain't he a good sports  :-*

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/300532/alonso-brushes-aside-mclaren-rumours/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »
The press seem to be still sniffing around about it.  I suspect like Whitmarsh said, he simply answered a question that was asked...and a pretty dumb one I guess too.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »
I think that this is just a toe in the water exercise by McLaren.  I believe that it's very unlikely that Alonso will jump ship at such a late stage this season.  He may be tempted for 2015, but I see him staying at Ferrari for 2014
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle