collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber receives 10 car grid penality  (Read 5587 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Webber receives 10 car grid penality
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 09:09:42 PM »
I don't think that a grid penalty was the right penalty.  It wasn't safely executed by Webber, so a fine was definitely in order, but a grid penalty is over the top.  I think that the reprimands should be for on track incidents during the race, not for post race events such as this.

The problem is the drivers can't be fined anymore, part of Todt's compromise to avoid driver unrest after his raising of the drivers fees by an astronomic percentage.  ::)  A reprimand, triggering the grid drop was the only sensible option available to stewards.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »
It wasn't my understanding that the rules specifically prohibited the fining of drivers.  Am I mistaken?  Or is it that fines are no longer included on the list of penalties?
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
Yes, welcome the reprimand system with the three strikes and then you get a grid penalty.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »
It wasn't my understanding that the rules specifically prohibited the fining of drivers.  Am I mistaken?  Or is it that fines are no longer included on the list of penalties?

The FIA specifically prohibits fining of F1 drivers since the start of 2013 due to licence-based stupidity on the FIA's part. Other series are not affected, neither are F1 teams, and you will still see fines on the list of International Sporting Code penalty options (they were never listed in the F1 Sporting Code because Article 16 was meant to be read in conjunction with the International Sporting Code). It is simply that if the target of a penalty is an F1 driver, the "fine" option is now skipped and a different penalty selected.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
All I can say is that that was a lamentably poor rule change.  Having a system of fines and penalties was much more sensible in my opinion.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle