collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 570
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Korean GP Discussion  (Read 865 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Korean GP Discussion
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
Well I would have to give it a mixed feeling, as because in terms of racing there was quite a bit of wheel to wheel action, but they were unlikely to have unpredictable outcome. You already know what will be happening without giving much of a head, while on the other hand with so many unpredictable thing happening other than racing (Probably 1st time in the history of racing we have a Safety Jeep), Pirelli tyre giving up once again, it will be unfair to say it was not entertaining. Being in the odd hours meant we did not have all our regulars in Race Chat which also plays a big role in how I enjoyed the race.

Heroes :

1. There cannot be anyone else except The Hulk. Yesterday he put on a great qualifying and in the race he just capitalized with the best possible way he can. I think the teams did a brilliant job for setting the car in such way, that it will be difficult for others to pass, and Hulk executing it with exquisite precision. Though it may be 4th Place, but he battled with World Champions who are considered among the best of this generation, and came out as winner.

2. We have to give to Kimi, again climbing up through the field in a track where over-taking is notoriously difficult, and coming within 4 second of Vettel in the end shows how good his drive was.

3. Romain could have overshadowed Hulf only if he could have toppled Vettel in the first few part of the race, but never the less, he drove the way should, other than tiny mistake which cost him the second place, that was almost a perfect drive hence considered to a hero.

4. Fire Marshals : Now the world would be saying otherwise, pointing the lack of Co-ordination with the Rae control for the deployment of Fire jeep, but I guess I will hand them the credit for giving us something to talk about for a long time.

Zeros :

1. Alonso : You cannot be a title contender if you could not improve your car, and give your challenger a good run for your money. Its easy to keep complaining about Tyres, but in the end if you are the one to win it, you just have to produce some sort of performance.

2. Massa : What was he thinking in lap 1. I wonder if he was thinking at all. Though he might have redeemed himself with that super 4 way scraping, but if didn't made mistake of that magnitude, he would not have been there in the first place. His poor race pace once again made Ferrari vulnerable to loose out the second position in WCC to Mercedes.

3. Force India : Both driver not finishing the race is unfortunate, but going out in a similar sort of manner, does point out some sort of set-up issue than driver error, specially Adrian Sutil bashing of Webber. If you are battling with McLaren for 5th spot, you should be a worthy opponent and fight, and don't just fade away.

4. Vettel : Yes, as because he is ruining the championship for everyone else. Yes he did an absolute super job of driving a perfect race, being a racer he could not do anything better, but why can't he make any mistake like missing a break point, loosing his front-wing, bashed by someone else. I don't want the championship to be wrapped in Suzuka, I want it to hang till Interlagos, and he is in no way helping it to become a reality, hence a zero for me.

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

Re: Korean GP Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
I mostly agree.  For me The Hulk kept the last 15 laps of the race great fun to watch (which unfortunately I had to do later in the afternoon).  I think Brawn and the boys will be scratching their heads wondering how a Sauber can go as fast as a Merc with the DRS flap open can.  Hammy didn't have a chance, and when he did, Hulk just overtook him right afterwards - in fact once Hulk passed Hammy while the Merc had the flap open and the Sauber didn't  :crazy: :crazy: :DntKnw:

I'll give Alonso more credit.  I think he really is fighting with the car, and still placing it where it has no right to be.  Massa I will give a thumbs up for a 4 car pass in one turn (and sorry, but Maldo gets a thumbs down for losing 4 places in one turn). 

Button charged all race, but then seemed asleep when Rosberg passed him.  Why go to all the trouble to keep him behind you for 10 laps and then let him pass with little effort?

I laughed when the Jeep came out - thought maybe the SC had broken down  :DntKnw:  I think Charlie was talking to someone right after that gaff.  Keystone Cops moment.  |-( |-( |-(  And by the time the Jeep got to Webber's car, the fire was out anyhow.  I can't recall the last time a firetruck was allowed on the track when it wasn't a red flag situation.   :DntKnw:

Bonehead moves were of course Massa and Sutil.  Sorry for Mark, but I'm glad Kimi got the points instead of Mark, who I think would have caught the Lotus's before the end. 

I missed what happened during the yellow for Mark's car.  I thought Romain was in front of Kimi, but when the green flew Kimi was behind Vettel.  Did I miss a pass just before the yellow?

Anyway, it was fun on chat today, but sorry I had to dash a bit early.  Had 90 people for lunch.  Thankfully the rain held off here until about 3pm, so the party went well. 

I'm coming to the conclusion that Perez is a bully driver.  He sees nothing wrong with regularly running other drivers off the track if he has the inside line through a corner.  Not really necessary, you only have to leave room for the other driver to keep 2 tires on the track. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:01:56 PM by scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

Re: Korean GP Discussion
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:31:15 PM »
Most of the race was deadly dull, but it came alive thanks to the safety car.  The Hulkenberg, Hamilton and Alonso battle was superb.  Really close and tense racing.  It was one of the few occasions that I've got excited this year.  We need more battles like that.

The safety car also caused a few incidents, owing to bunching in the field, and some drivers actually made some mistakes too.  There was actually some action.

Sadly, the race at the front was deadly dull.  They all make it so easy for Vettel, and with his no bulletproof car, the result is a foregone conclusion every time he leads from pole.

As much as there was some action, I still dislike all these tracks that they've built in Asia, especially since Vettel seems to win at them all as well.  I'd get rid of every single one except Suzuka, and bring back decent European circuits to replace them.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle