collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Replying to Old Posts/Subjects is Welcomed at GPW  (Read 45198 times)

Offline Wizzo

Replying to Old Posts/Subjects is Welcomed at GPW
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:41:28 PM »
F1FanaticBD asked me today (via PM) if it was OK to reply to some old posts on the forum. I thought that others may be thinking the same so I thought it best to make my reply public so that every member (old or new) knows where they stand.

Its great that BD is taking such an interest in 'the old' GPW posts. When I started the site I had a firm belief that members would be able to say whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, as long as it wasn't offensive or abusive.

Some forums force members to stick to the original subject but I like to think that every new topic is like the start of a new conversation. If a topic begins about Vettel and ends up on gardening then thats probably the path the conversation would have taken in real life. That's how it should be, everyone chatting away and the conversation taking it's natural course. F1 is purely the common interest that first brings us together - an ice breaker if you like.

Any member should feel free to post in any topic that they see fit - old or new. I guarantee nobody will get irritated or annoyed. It would be great to see members opinions on things that have already been discussed and I'm sure we will resurrect some posts that the others have missed.

Post away my friends.

All the best from everyone at Wiz mansion.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:45:45 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Replying to Old Posts/Subjects is Welcomed at GPW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:08:21 PM »
First of all thanks to Wizzo for the clarification, and it was a relief that I am not doing something Wizzo don't want, and delighted that Wizzo encourages to do the same.

With some post I think, the progression of events does give us a perspective how things change over the course of time. I am sure all the events also have their post, but to keep alive the earlier post, does seems to me a fun thing to do.

There are many people who knows F1 racing by their heart, so making those topics alive we might able to celebrate our favorite moments once more.

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:22:07 AM »
To new members the old posts are new so tell us
what you think.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »
We have many, many old posts that are on subjects that are still of interest. don't think of them as "old", think of them as "vintage." (Just like many of our old "posters".  ;)  )
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »
Retro  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 08:57:53 PM »
Fancy talking about Dare like that Cos.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »
Even though I won't be officially old until next month, my Golden Buckeye (Ohio Seniors) card came in the mail a week or so ago. Saved me a buck when I went to see Rush.  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »
Fancy talking about Dare like that Cos.  :DD

Silence is golden sayeth me

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
I prefer it when we stay on topic to be honest, but given that membership is relatively low, it's not a crisis when threads go off topic.  As a moderator on different forums which have more members, I do crack down on off topic posts though.  However, this doesn't apply in either case here.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
 :DD We've always gone off at a tangent on here.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
Also, I wouldn't drag up old threads.  A better solution, in my opinion, is to link to old threads, and start a new discussion about them.  Pulling up old threads also has the knock on effect of dragging guest accounts to the fore, which I don't think looks very good for attracting new members, so I personally don't think that it's wise.  It's up to Wizzo though.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 06:58:59 AM »
Aha!! A Narc!!  :P :P
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
Personally, I think it suits the loose and friendly atmosphere that is a hallmark of GPW. Most threads here tend to be more like free flowing conversations between good friends rather then adhere to some strict rule of conventional website protocol.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »
Friendly being the word Cos, it's why we've all been on here so long.

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
 :D :D |-( |-( |-( 8) :tease: :tease: :-*
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle