collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 342
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Miserable FIA  (Read 6029 times)

vintly

Re: Miserable FIA
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »
Fairplay, got me there John - Lewis voiced his opinion.

Storm in a teacup.

Offline Scott

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
After thinking about it, I wonder if the real problem wasn't the donuts, but the fact that he actually intentionally turned off his car out of Parc Ferme.  That would mean that the car did not make it back to Parc Ferme on its own, and would have to be picked up by a flatbed, or somehow restarted by the team (certainly a no-no).  If he had just done the donuts and then drove to Parc Ferme, I wonder if there would have been a problem?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
After thinking about it, I wonder if the real problem wasn't the donuts, but the fact that he actually intentionally turned off his car out of Parc Ferme.  That would mean that the car did not make it back to Parc Ferme on its own, and would have to be picked up by a flatbed, or somehow restarted by the team (certainly a no-no).  If he had just done the donuts and then drove to Parc Ferme, I wonder if there would have been a problem?

I'm sure the FIA want's us to believe that has something to do with it but it's still bloody lame from the stewards, they have to recover cars that are stopped just over the finish line by competitors low on fuel not wanting to use more on the return to the pits. - What's the real difference?  :crazy:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
Well, he did the donuts and then drove to Parc Ferme today...lets see what happens this time  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
I can find THOUSANDS of pictures of two F1 cars beside each other on track.  They don't automatically represent superlative driving.

They do if you were there at the time, have seen the race on television, seen it as a repeat, or read the report, and have the picture to go with it.  It's all about context.  In context, Vettel's doughnuts were no more iconic than the sort of pictures I was referring to.

There are no other drivers who have won four WDCs in a row. If there ever is again, I hope they put on one hell of an on-track show after the race!

Schumacher won five in a row ;).  I think that what you mean is that there are no other drivers who have won four in a row starting with their first.

Regarding the debate about enforcing the rules, the stewards had no choice.  The rules have to be respected, and so they had to issue a reprimand and a fine.  If the drivers, the teams, and the fans don't like it, then they need to petition the FIA to change the rules.  The stewards are not at fault here.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Online cosworth151

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
Ooops, I meant to say that no other driver won their first four WDCs in a row.  :-[
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle