collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 483
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lotus apologizes for outburst  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Scott

Lotus apologizes for outburst
« on: October 29, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
http://www.racer.com/lotus-apologizes-for-raikkonen-outburst/article/318303/

Funny how the headline says they apologize to Kimi, but the body of the story seems to be about an apology to the fans.  I thought the unwritten rule was that if you swore on the radio, FOM wouldn't broadcast it.  Someone wrote that's why Mark often drops the F-bomb when he's talking to the team via radio.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Lotus apologizes for outburst
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
I thought the unwritten rule was that if you swore on the radio, FOM wouldn't broadcast it.  Someone wrote that's why Mark often drops the F-bomb when he's talking to the team via radio.

Seems the sleepy old FOM have at last realised that teams rely on the profanities to avoid their transmissions being broadcast. 'Reckless Eric's apology is to try to prevent a Malaysia type backlash, having been caught ordering Kimi to give up the place to 'Wrecker'.   

I'm just surprised Bernie has found anyone young enough in his entourage to have speedy enough reactions to press the bleep at the right time.  :swoon: Must have taken on a cheap intern or two.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
I agree. Eric isn't sorry it was said, but he's very sorry that it was widely heard. Still, how different would things be for Vettel if he would have issued a similar mea culpa after Sepang?

As for Bernie, remember that Ian, Lonny, Dare & I would be the "youngsters" in Bernie's mob.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
Got that right by cracky!
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:14:16 PM »
I agree. Eric isn't sorry it was said, but he's very sorry that it was widely heard.

But is it his fault or his teams, that it was widely heard? I still don't understand the reason for the apology? The team-radio transmission is suppose to be a private privileged communication between driver & his team. If FOM decides to open it up for the whole world, then they should embrace the fact that languages will not be in order or manners will not be maintained.

I have a feeling, as there is a group of investors interested in Lotus(For how long are we hearing about them), this may have been a bad PR, which the corporate-nosy cronies may not like, so keep them satisfied, they issued the immediate apology. If it was in any other time they would not have bothered a bit.

Last time Kimi said something, Scotty ended up depicting it, wonder where this may end  ::)
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »

BD this is the 21st century and TV viewers expect to have more available to them from races so team/car radio broadcasts are here to stay. In the States they have been broadcasting the radio traffic between cars and teams for years, it certainly livens up the endless round and round on the oval tracks.  ;)

The real point all of us is making is that Eric is apologising for team orders being barked when none should have been necessary, If I remember correctly they are one of the detractors about Ferrari's clear team orders. ;)

Most other teams would have informed Kimi that Massa was closing fast behind the two lotus cars and they needed 3rd place. Same net result but leaves it open to interpretation.  :D 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »
Last time Kimi said something, Scotty ended up depicting it, wonder where this may end  ::)

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!!   >:D

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
Most other teams would have informed Kimi that Massa was closing fast behind the two lotus cars and they needed 3rd place. Same net result but leaves it open to interpretation.  :D 

Most teams who aren't bitter that their unpaid or poorly paid star has decided to jump ship  ;) ;)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
Lotus insists Kimi is getting paid, just not on time. I think Kimi's main concern was that Lotus would not have the necessary financing to maintain the level of performance they have.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

Most teams who aren't bitter that their unpaid or poorly paid star has decided to jump ship  ;) ;)

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle