collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 327
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Perez to be replaced  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Irisado

Re: Perez to be replaced
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
I'm disappointed.  Yes, Pérez has made mistakes this season, and has driven too aggressively at times, but there is little doubt that McLaren have put a lot of pressure on him to perform, and the car has been poor.  Drivers make more mistakes when battling with indifferent or poor equipment, so I'd like to have seen him given a fairer crack of the whip in 2014, behind the wheel of a, hopefully, superior McLaren.

As for Magnussen, I remember when Jan Magnussen was touted as being the next Senna.  That all came to nothing, and he was dropped midway through 1998.  I remain to be convinced that Kevin is any better.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:55 PM »
And now Mclaren have made it official.  Well, I'm pleased for a new promising rookie, as I was not thrilled with Perez's driving this year, and as Lonnie mentioned, he didn't give Button the respect he deserved.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/9025486/McLaren-confirm-Magnussen
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:53:35 PM by scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »
And now Mclaren have made it official.  Well, I'm pleased for a new promising rookie, as I was not thrilled with Perez's driving this year, and as Lonnie mentioned, he didn't give Button the respect he deserved.

Racing hard against your team-mate is considered lack of respect for him? :o :o
Okay certain wheel banging, very bullish looking overtaking, but what is wrong with that? I think lack of such driving makes F1 at times mundane, and now here we are criticizing that?
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2013, 06:17:03 AM »
If you're making moves that put both cars at risk of a DNF or worse, you will not impress the team or make them happy.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »

Racing hard against your team-mate is considered lack of respect for him? :o :o
Okay certain wheel banging, very bullish looking overtaking, but what is wrong with that? I think lack of such driving makes F1 at times mundane, and now here we are criticizing that?

Being a bully on the race track doesn't make things interesting. The best passes are without contact IMO.  But it wasn't just that, I forgot which race, but there was also a radio call by Perez to move Jenson over (early season, I think).   
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle