collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 594
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Maserati GranTurismo  (Read 5660 times)

Offline Wizzo

Maserati GranTurismo
« on: February 20, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »
The new Pininfarina-styled Maserati GranTurismo will make its worldwide debut at the Geneva motor show, and the company's offering teaser pictures and a snippet of information.

Described as "a high-performance GT", the two-door GranTurismo uses the company's 4.2 litre 405bhp V8 and a front/rear weight distribution of 49 per cent / 51 per cent.

It'll be fitted with a paddle-actuated automatic gearbox -- the same that just adopted for the Quattroporte -- and an adaptive control system that adjusts gear-shifting mode to the driving style and the driving conditions.

It's a full four-seater, it'll replace the Coupé and you can expect to be able to buy one in September.

Maserati made its first GT was in 1947 when the Trident Company unveiled the Pinin Farina-designed GT, the A6, at the Geneva show. 58 were built.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Maserati GranTurismo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 05:03:27 PM »
 :good: Veeery nice too
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 07:28:22 PM »
I'll second that, very nice indeed  :good:

I must say it's funny that alot of younger people here (in my city) that don't recognise the maserati brand, imagine the look on their faces when I told them that maserati and ferrari are linked.....(hope I didn't get that wrong!!)

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 08:55:23 PM »
If they are Rom it's Maserati that is the class side of the link
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:06:57 PM »

saw a Masarati about a month ago,ist one I've
ever spottrd on our streets and probably last

Only seen 2 Ferraris driving around in my life here :'(
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:28:03 PM »

You poor thing dare.

If you ever get the chance come to London and you will see more exotic cars in a day then you probably would in a decade. Porsche 911's are almost as common as the taxis!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »

You poor thing dare.

If you ever get the chance come to London and you will see more exotic cars in a day then you probably would in a decade. Porsche 911's are almost as common as the taxis!

My cousin been to London 3 times on vacation,loves it
If I ever had the time and money,I'd love to travel Europe
and it's old cities,so much history and hertiage,

The city I live in was founded in 1792,before that it was
Indian hunting grounds :D

Speaking of cars here,there's tons of BMW's and
Mercedes.They don't sell Fiat or Reanault here any
longer,have they improved any?

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 03:20:09 AM »
I get a daily e-mail news letter from Auto Week. they have a story about this car in today's

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/FREE/70220004/1528/FREE

Worth a look.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 03:50:19 AM »
I get a daily e-mail news letter from Auto Week. they have a story about this car in today's

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/FREE/70220004/1528/FREE

Worth a look.

nice article Cosworth,seems reasonably priced for
that class of car

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 10:32:42 AM »
They don't sell Fiat or Renault here any
longer,have they improved any?

I'll let Slugger and Neil answer this one.

I live about 30 miles from London so I'm always there. Parked up this morning and looked around:

2 x Jaguar XK
1 x Jaguar XKR
3 x Maseratis
Lost count of Porsche's, at least one GT3
1 x Suspicious car covered over which looked like a Ferrari
3 x Bentley Continentals

and obviously more BMW's and Merc's than I could count. I'd love to know how much that little lot is worth.

Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
I was just thinking about my street in my little Appalachian home town. All but one or two of the vehicles nomally parked there have truck plates - including my trusty Ford E-150! The closest thing we have toan exotic is the MG Midget I'm working on in the garage!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »
over the years, in my city and other cities, i have seen a mock diablo, a real diablo, ferrari f50 and a newer one I don't know what it's called, lamborghini merc....merc..that strange name........and had a fun drive with a porsche 911 turbo....

he blitzed me after about 20 minutes of stupid speed driving..... :o

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:34 PM »
Dare, I've been driving Renaults for 10 years now (don't laugh), I think the sportier 2 litre Clio's that I've had are very good value for money, reliability for me has'nt really been a problem either.

Neil.P

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 10:04:24 PM »
Dare, I've been driving Renaults for 10 years now (don't laugh), I think the sportier 2 litre Clio's that I've had are very good value for money, reliability for me has'nt really been a problem either.

Neil.P

If they sold the 2 door Clio in USA I'd
really look into buying one.Think their
tough looking

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 10:35:33 PM »
Renault street cars always remind me of the difference between heaven and hell:

Heaven is where the British run the police, the French do the cooking and the Germans build the cars.

Hell is where the Germans run the police, the British do the cooking and the French build the cars. >:D
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle