collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 331
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Next Gen Mustang Unveiled  (Read 1932 times)

Offline cosworth151

Next Gen Mustang Unveiled
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »
The next generation, 50th anniversary Ford Mustang was unveiled today. The good news is that it's not the absolute disaster that many feared. It's not smaller. The 5.0 V8 is still there. It's not that awful looking, Fusion clone Evos concept. The best news it that it actually looks like a Mustang!  :yahoo:

It does have independent rear suspension. For the first time, there will be a factory right hand drive option. Ford intends to push Mustang in the international market for the first time. Tri-bar taillights continue. One odd thing -  They'll operate sequentially, but only in the United States.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20131205/carnews/131129822#ixzz2mbwTvdGY

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Next Gen Mustang Unveiled
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
Us Europeans (and Ian) love the American muscle cars, old and new alike.  There are a handful of the new Camaro's here, a big handful of Corvette's and Vipers, so it's about time Ford figured out that Europe (and Ian's shire) are decent for exporting to, not just importing from.  :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
Looks pretty good Cos.  :good:

I'll ignore Scott.

No I won't, Scott  |-(
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
Is it only me that its looks more sort of a Ford Fusion/Mondeo than a Mustang?

I have been a Mustang fan for decades, I thing it defines a certain golden era of American motor history. I think Ford should improve this as GM improved its Corvette, making a complete sort of sports car, rather than only just a dragster.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

vintly

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
I'm with you BD. I too am a big fan - who isn't? Steve McQueen in Bullit has the best car in any film in my book.

I just took it into Photoshop and had a go at crude car modifying:

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
I like the nose mod, but not so much the rear wheel well.  But you're a champion for even trying.  Wish my Photoshop skills were that good.   :good:

I think for the 50yr anniversary, they were right to stay classic in and out, though I agree, it is time for a bit more radical.  All these retro cars being reintroduced lately makes me think some of the car companies are a bit like going to see Motley Crue when they're in their 60's.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »
But I'd still take a Viper.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »
Sorry, but I grew up and started driving at the time the original was released, along with a couple of other cars by Ford dubbed '63 1/2 s, all in performance oriented form.

This car looks like just about any other of the recent year's Mustangs, virtually indistinguishable to the casual observer (not counting Mustang fans).

I am not terribly impressed by this release.  It, like the Challenger and Camero, has more of a "retro" look than an original appearance.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I think that's the point. I isn't an update of any particular 60's version, as the past several Mustangs have been. However, it is immediately recognizable to even non-gearheads as a Mustang.

Let's face it,that is one of the main points for many owners of this type of car. When he walks out of a night club with some sweet young thing he just met, he wants her to say, "You've got a Mustang." He doesn't want to here, "My Grandma has a Fusion just like that." That was one of the fatal flaws with Pontiac's attempt to revive the GTO a few years back. Even a hardcore gearhead like me had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a Grand Am.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle