collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 510
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ferrari to appoint Bernie's Successor?  (Read 937 times)

Offline Jericoke

Ferrari to appoint Bernie's Successor?
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/304235/ferrari-has-veto-over-ecclestone-successor/

Okay, alarmist headline.  Ferrari doesn't get to appoint... just veto any choice they don't like.  And Luca sits on the committee that gets to nominate.

Offline Scott

Re: Ferrari to appoint Bernie's Successor?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:43:02 PM »
Wow...Luca really has some power in F1.  I knew they get their 'Ferrari Bonus' from the TV rights, but didn't realize they had their claws in something like the stock flotation.  Does Ferrari have a chunk of F1 stock already then?  I suppose so.   :( :(

On the other hand, do any of the other teams have some as well?  There could well be a few more clauses like that for McLaren or Mercedes you would think.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
Bernie seems to think F1 without Ferrari is a non stsrter, so he has given them a lot of extra perks. Frankly, I think they are overvalued. Losing Ferrari would be a heavy blow to F1, but it would survive. Besides, Ferrari is the truest example of win on Sunday, sell on Monday. Where else would they get the racing prestige of F1? They need F1 as much or more than F1 needs them.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »

I'm sure this is Bernie and CVC's response to the teams revolt a few years back. Short of offering Ferrari a contract for the hundred years or so of FOM's agreement with the FIA it's hard to see how CVC can be pretty certain that their gravy train will roll on and on.

I seem to recall other teams were selectively offered advantages by Bernie/CVC and in fact Mercedes were very p*ssed that their status was much below McLaren & Red Bull. It's all been sorted now but when we talk about the haves & have nots in F1 we should also remember that the big teams - oh and Williams - now have much more clout as well as more money.

However Bernie is a slippery customer so you can bet the influence the teams think they enjoy is really pretty superficial. Vetoing a new CEO may not have much effect at all if the executive layers of the business are in place properly. After all no one is talking about Ferrari having the right to appoint someone.  :D     
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »
It's a little hard for me to believe that a company like CVC would give an outside entity even a veto over an internal personnel decision. That would be like giving Penske veto power over the selection of a COO for GM just because he's one of their largest dealers.

:crazy: :crazy:
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
Is it fair to other team, that one particular team get to have so much political power? Then again its F1, I think it works in a very twisted sort of way  :tease: :tease:

But I have a feeling over the years, Ferrari has lost a lot of ground in this regard, it is not as powerful as it used to be.

I agree that Ferrari needs F1 more than F1 needs Ferrari
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:20:00 PM by F1fanaticBD »
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
It's a little hard for me to believe that a company like CVC would give an outside entity even a veto over an internal personnel decision. That would be like giving Penske veto power over the selection of a COO for GM just because he's one of their largest dealers.

:crazy: :crazy:

That seems a bit unusual to me as well, unless the agreement pre-dates CVC's ownership.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:47:53 PM »
I'm not surprised at all.  Ferrari had the power of veto during the Schumacher era over any rules decisions/packages that they didn't like, after doing a private deal with the FIA, so the fact that they still have influence is to be expected.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle