collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 326
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lotus to Miss 1st F1 Test Amid Management Shake Up  (Read 2247 times)

Offline cosworth151

Lotus to Miss 1st F1 Test Amid Management Shake Up
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:06:47 PM »
Things are in a stir at Lotus. CEO Patrick Louis is moving aside. He will be replaced by Matthew Carter.

Louis was brought on board as COO at the time of the Genii takeover. He moved to CEO in 2012. He is linked to Eric Boullier.

Carter has ties to minority shareholder Andrew Ruhan, the property investor who got involved with Lotus at the start of last year.

On the heels of announcing the front office change, Lotus said that it will skip the test session of January 31. Team technical director Nick Chester said that the team instead planned to launch its car after Jerez, prior to it running for the first time at the subsequent Bahrain test that begins on Feb. 19.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:31:17 PM by cosworth151 »

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Lotus to Miss 1st F1 Teat Amid Management Shake Up
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:15 PM »
Missing test surely indicate the lack of funding of this team, and that is a shame as because due to the lack of testing, Lotus will be trailing behind the big four.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:58:53 AM »
With no launches scheduled between now and the first test, will anyone make it?

vintly

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »
Ferrari have confirmed a launch date prior to the Jerez test, and no doubt hopefully most others will too.

It's a shame that Lotus can't sort out their finances, but as sad as it may be, are they not a brand in decline in general - not just in F1? I hardly see any Lotuses on the streets, and their presence elsewhere is non-existent. I have genuine heartfelt feeling for Lotus like thousands of other people, but unfortunately that has little to do with their continued presence in F1.

I notice this news hasn't pushed Romain's odds any further out, although 50/1 is pretty far as it is… Here's hopin'.

Offline cosworth151

Re: Lotus to Miss 1st F1 Test Amid Management Shake Up
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »
We all know what a mess their IndyCar program turned into. Much the same happened to their attempt to field a prototype endurance racer. Even their GT effort has gone flat.

It sadly looks like they seriously overreached. If they would have just stayed with GT's they might have done alright.

Their road car range is dated and uninspiring. I truly hope that they can pull themselves back together again. Lotus has held a special place in my heart since my youth, when both Jim Clark and Emma Peel drove them.  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
Missing test surely indicate the lack of funding of this team, and that is a shame as because due to the lack of testing, Lotus will be trailing behind the big four.

On the surface I would agree with you.

However, the hopeful side of me is wondering if they want to make sure the launch of the car is done right.  It's as much about marketting the team and making a splash with exisiting and potential sponsors.  If there's no one to gladhand the VIPs, then what's the point? 

(Seeing if the car works at a test is the point?  How silly of me.)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »

On the surface I would agree with you.

However, the hopeful side of me is wondering if they want to make sure the launch of the car is done right.  It's as much about marketting the team and making a splash with exisiting and potential sponsors.  If there's no one to gladhand the VIPs, then what's the point? 

And people call me an eternal optimist  :fool: :fool:

Count me in among the hopeful Jeri
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle