collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 327
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Michael Schumacher "hurt in skiing accident"  (Read 19378 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Michael Schumacher "hurt in skiing accident"
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Schumacher's manager has dismissed it as speculation. That is a relief for the time being, but I am skeptical about it, because it is very common among the patients of Schumacher's nature.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9162689/Kehm-dismisses-latest-rumours
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Dare

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »
The news doesn't get any better does it Dare.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2014, 03:15:21 PM »
Micheal is showing signs of consciousness, though for few moments, but surely this is VERY good news. I will again seek the help Former F1 Doc who has this magical ability to make difficult medical term to a completely palatable to everyone, to explain what this means, how big and important is this  :yahoo: :yahoo:

http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/moments-of-conscious-and-awakening/

Offline Ian

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:35 PM »
Things are looking slightly better for Schumi, fingers crossed it's gonna get even better.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »
It signifies that he is out of danger, not entirely but surely the chance of worse things happening has reduced significantly. It also provides a base from which different sort of treatment to work on him can begin with. So its massive, believe me Ian it feels like Christmas for me  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Ian

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to see Michael walk onto the podium to present the trophies BD.  :yahoo:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to see Michael walk onto the podium to present the trophies BD.  :yahoo:

That will be memorable for not only for us the fans, but also for the drivers who will be receiving as well as being interviewed by the great
 :good: :good:

Offline Dare

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:08 AM »
While this is good news I think Michael has
a long rough road to climb.Best wishes
to him and his family.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
The statement from Sabine Kehm reads, “Michael is making progress on his way. He shows moments of consciousness and awakening. We are on his side during his long and difficult fight, together with the team of the hospital in Grenoble, and we keep remaining confident."

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140404/f1/140409943#ixzz2y1J0PDld
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Vince

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

For those of you in the UK, you'll know that Richard Hammond from 'Top Gear' had a serious accident several years ago and suffered really bad head injuries resulting in him being in a coma for quite a long time. I believe that the last rites were given and he wasn't expected to pull through initially.

He did though - and he is now back to presenting the programme and although he still admits that he is a different man following his accident, he still seems to us, the general public to be as good as he ever was, with very little if any discernible difference in his persona.

Fingers crossed for Michael - every injury is different as is every recovery, however this still gives me a feeling for optimism and hope. 
The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

vintly

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
I was hoping there would be a bit more of a change in Hammond after his accident but it appears he did indeed recover to be the same narcissistic, sycophantic, annoying little man that he always was. There - apologies if this offends anyone but I can't stand him. Given the huge popularity of Top Gear in the UK this is probably an unpopular post. Oh well never mind.

Main difference with Schumi of course is that Hammond was in a coma for two weeks. I hope Schumi pulls through but I'll be amazed if he ever achieves anything like a normal life after such a long coma - here's hoping I'm proved wrong.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

For those of you in the UK, you'll know that Richard Hammond from 'Top Gear' had a serious accident several years ago and suffered really bad head injuries resulting in him being in a coma for quite a long time. I believe that the last rites were given and he wasn't expected to pull through initially.

He did though - and he is now back to presenting the programme and although he still admits that he is a different man following his accident, he still seems to us, the general public to be as good as he ever was, with very little if any discernible difference in his persona.

Fingers crossed for Michael - every injury is different as is every recovery, however this still gives me a feeling for optimism and hope.

That would be lovely if Micheal could recover that well, we all are hoping and praying for that to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle