collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 183
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Michael Schumacher "hurt in skiing accident"  (Read 19766 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Michael Schumacher "hurt in skiing accident"
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:42 PM »

Amen to that Ian.  :good: 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »
Brain injuries are very unpredictable. Gaby Giffords was shot just above her left eye, the bullet travelling along the inside of her skull and exiting out the back. Why it just didn't blow the back of her head off I don't know. Obviously, she suffered severe trauma, extreme blood loss and heavy swelling of the brain. Yet just days after, she was able to answer simple questions by squeezing a finger, once for yes, twice for no. She has been rehabbing ever since and while it is apparent she will never fully recover, her progress has been little short of miraculous. She walks unsupported with a slight limp, can speak in clear coherent sentences, (though slowly) but has little use of her right arm. She says it's very hard and frustrating because she knows what she wants to say but the words don't readily come to her. She is one tough hombre, but so is Michael, so I am hopeful.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2014, 10:48:33 AM »
I'm encouraged that Schumacher is making some slow progress.  Let's all keep our fingers crossed for him.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 07:04:22 AM »
I really hope this is sensationalized, otherwise its bleak future for my beloved driver  :(

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-not-responding-to-stimuli-report/

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2014, 07:14:06 AM »
Wow, that's not good, is it.   :(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
My understanding was that the any information would only be provided by Schumacher's Manager (hospital staff have been threatened with immediate sanctions if they talk to the press). As this information is coming from a daily rag and not through the proper channels I hope it is just scurrilous gossip.

vintly

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 08:49:27 AM »
This is not a case of 'no news is good news' - quite the opposite. Doesn't look good.

Offline Scott

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 09:32:47 AM »
I agree, considering they started to try to bring him out of the coma a couple of weeks ago and there is still no positive report (even if we dismiss the negative ones), I wouldn't be very optimistic. 

The tragedy is not for Schumacher himself.  It is his family.  They have lived for most of two decades of him being away most of the time, racing in a dangerous sport.  To finally have him retire and throw his energy and time into his family, then only months later have him taken from them so suddenly and unbelievably, must be the most devastating part.  I feel the most sympathy for his wife and children at this moment.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
I agree, considering they started to try to bring him out of the coma a couple of weeks ago and there is still no positive report (even if we dismiss the negative ones), I wouldn't be very optimistic. 

The tragedy is not for Schumacher himself.  It is his family.  They have lived for most of two decades of him being away most of the time, racing in a dangerous sport.  To finally have him retire and throw his energy and time into his family, then only months later have him taken from them so suddenly and unbelievably, must be the most devastating part.  I feel the most sympathy for his wife and children at this moment.

Exactly my thought Scotty. They have waited so long to finally have him among them, and just after few month, in a family vacation, in a freak accident he is struggling between life and death.

But the only hope for me is that, it takes a long time to respond to stimuli after such an incident, so I will not be jumping to conclusion after 2 weeks. Compare to many cases 2 weeks is nothing

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »
I continue to pray for his recovery and that his family be helped to deal with things.

He is not responding to deliberate stimulus, which does not necessary mean much, but it is disheartening and has to be tough for Corinna.  Now it seems he has a lung infection on top of the other problems.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
  Now it seems he has a lung infection on top of the other problems.

That is seriously grave, because its an infection acquired in ICU setting, it is very difficult to treat this notorious thing. This is the last thing I wanted to hear  :'(

Offline Ian

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
Certainly is not good, I have a bad feeling about this, but I hope against hope that I'm wrong.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 03:32:44 PM »
Certainly is not good, I have a bad feeling about this, but I hope against hope that I'm wrong.

Me too Ian.No positive updates troubles me.We can
always hope in a miracle and a good outcome.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »
On World News Bild has reported it as pneumonia.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle