collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: A Max quote  (Read 52333 times)

Offline Dare

A Max quote
« on: March 08, 2024, 11:04:07 PM »
At least for now he knows he helped make him a multi
millionaire and shows some loyalty

Max was asked if he will stay with RedBull until end of his contract:
“Of course, that has always been the intention of the signing. That's why we signed for so long to be here. And, of course, it's about the performance of the car. And, of course, from 2026, anyway, that's a question mark with the new regulations, but I knew that when I signed my contract."
"But I also know what they've done for me in my career, right? So, of course, the intention is absolutely to stay with this team because I really enjoy it and I'm also very happy within the team. And in the meantime, there's no reason to leave."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: A Max quote
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 01:27:43 PM »
Let's face it where else could a triple World Champ go if he wants to stay in WDC contention?  :DntKnw:

Now we get the scenario that Helmut is under scrutiny and Max is even more forthright in defending him than ever he was about Christian. However it's easy to jump to his mentors defence, much harder to give up your top seat & all the trappings & winning potential.

When push comes to shove all drivers will try their upmost to be in the most competitive car, best chance of winning is what they all strive for.   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 02:49:31 PM »
I guess it al depends which team is the most successful
with the new rules change? Marko leaves him a way to
switch to the team that got it right
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 04:51:57 PM »
This whole farce is giving Max an opportunity to show how he's matured.  He's certainly saying the right things.

However, hitching is wagon to Jos would take him down a notch in my books.  Yes, it's important to do right by family, but Lewis Hamilton's dad, Anthony, did as much, if not more, as Jos to get Lewis into F1, and Hamilton still understood when it was time for them to take a step apart.

Further, backing Marko feels like taking a step back.  I get that Marko was a big part of getting Max where he is today, but once again, Hamilton owed more to Ron Dennis, and still understood when that relationship had run its course.  Maybe Marko is one of those people who does all the right things behind the scenes and just has no idea how to navigate modern media.  Good for him.  At this point Max needs someone who knows how navigate modern media more than he needs someone to open doors behind the scenes.

Final thought though:  I feel like Max is like Kimi (blasphemy?!  Let me finish).  He loves to race, and he enjoys being in F1, but he's not going to hang on tooth and nail to win championships if it isn't fun.  He'll race for other teams if they let him do what he wants.  He'll race in other series just for the challenge.  He's not out to break records, he just wants to live his life.

Offline Robem64

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 12:31:04 PM »
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 02:38:25 PM »
Rumour mill is in overdrive

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-max-verstappen-to-mercedes-done-deal

I find it rather amusing that after 2024 started with literally no changes to the driver lineup, within 2 races of the season start, it looks like only a couple drivers will be staying put in 2025.

I do find it distressing that the state of the 'sport' is such that no one seems to care about the sport itself, and just the off track drama.  What is Red Bull doing wrong that their utter dominance isn't being celebrated? 

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 06:26:58 PM »
With all that's happened at RB I bet if Lewis hadn't signed
with Ferrari Max would have joined them in a heartbeat
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 06:30:47 PM by Dare »

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2024, 04:57:49 PM »
No one likes a bully, which is what R/B has become. The same was true of Merc when they were dominating. Red Bull in particular have made themselves thoroughly unlikeable. Max, Horner, and especially Marko are all difficult to warm up to.
Lonny

Offline rmassart

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2024, 06:38:24 PM »

Makes me wonder if Lewis knew something was going on at RB and decided he'd better take a chance on a switch to Ferrari before someone else did (ie Max).

His move to Mercedes was quite prescient... Maybe he's done it again.

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 07:52:43 PM »

Makes me wonder if Lewis knew something was going on at RB and decided he'd better take a chance on a switch to Ferrari before someone else did (ie Max).

His move to Mercedes was quite prescient... Maybe he's done it again.

Makes me think Lewis would hope Max went to Ferrari and he could go to RB. Sometimes you switch chairs too quick

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle