collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 601
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hakkinen weighs in...  (Read 600 times)

Offline Scott

Hakkinen weighs in...
« on: March 21, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »
on the Double Points and the new F1 sound.

As for the double points, he has a point.  What if the championship goes down to the wire, and in the last race the leader of the WDC finishes second to the guy in second place (you can follow it back too, 3-4th etc).  Being robbed of the championship, or a higher finish, by the double points rule would really cause some chaos and be viewed as unfair by those who were robbed of places.

Though I don't agree with him on the new sound of the cars, I see his point.  I think my problem is really the rev limit (I bet they would sound great if they were wound up to 20k, even with the 6cyl and turbos), and to a lesser extent the fuel regulations, particularly the fuel flow.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9224048/Hakkinen-on-double-points-quiet-F1

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Vince

Re: Hakkinen weighs in...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
He's not the first driver (or ex-driver) to mention the double points fiasco.. And I agree totally with them. What a false result this is going to give people who could and should have won the championship by virtue of previous race results. I hear that the next possibility is having double points for the last 3 races... I know - why don't they elect to give double points for all races?  :crazy: :tease: :crazy: :fool:
As for the sound made by the current crop of cars, I think I've made my point fairly clear on that one...  :P
The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
He opposes a rule that would have robbed him of his championships?  Yeah, I can see him coming down on that side.

However, it would have been no less exciting for fans.  Of course, it wouldn't have been more exciting either, since they already came down to the last race.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
Sorry, but regardless of the WDC possible outcomes, I think the only way they should have double points at some GP's is if they run them double length (yay, bring back refuelling!).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »
Double points has the potential to distort championships, regardless of who has one, so it's a bad idea for all the drivers.  I'm as opposed to it as Cosworth is to the current engines.  I think that I need say no more, other than I agree with Mika ;).
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:53:19 PM »
I think we've all agreed on the fact that double points is pathetic and unfair.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle