collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 519
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Stefano Domenicalli resigns  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Scott

Re: A U.S. F1 Team Might Actually Happen
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
I'm sure a 42yr old with Ferrari CEO of Asia/Pacific and CEO of Ferrari North America already under his belt will be a character.  I really hope he does well and proves us all wrong - there is so little about him on the internet, maybe he's a hard core couch F1 fan like the rest of us who constantly question the real pro's, and now he has his chance to be one himself and do things his way (though somehow I doubt Luca will give him enough room to do it his way).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
I'm sure a 42yr old with Ferrari CEO of Asia/Pacific and CEO of Ferrari North America already under his belt will be a character.  I really hope he does well and proves us all wrong - there is so little about him on the internet, maybe he's a hard core couch F1 fan like the rest of us who constantly question the real pro's, and now he has his chance to be one himself and do things his way (though somehow I doubt Luca will give him enough room to do it his way).

His job is putting the right people in the right place at the right time.  F1 experience isn't required, but there will be a learning curve!

Offline Monty

Re: Stefano Domenicalli resigns
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 04:24:36 PM »
His job is putting the right people in the right place at the right time.  F1 experience isn't required, but there will be a learning curve!

But without experience, how will he know who the right people are, and what the right place might be? You may have gathered - I'm not impressed with this appointment  ::)

vintly

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
He's probably only temporary anyways.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »

But without experience, how will he know who the right people are, and what the right place might be? You may have gathered - I'm not impressed with this appointment  ::)

I think that's what makes him qualified though.  Assuming he's good at managing, then he'll find out who the right people are.  Anyone 'experienced' will have their own ideas of how to do things, and won't necessarily be open to doing it 'right'.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
It is a big gamble for sure, on the one hand we have a brand who has been in the sports for 60 years, but on the other hand it has not been in the cutting edge of the racing in the last decade. So they may be trying to revamp the Ferrari outfit, so bringing a fresh mind may help them to give decision without the Ferrari emotions and sentiments.

But the absolute lack of experience in F1, and appointing him for the top post may be a bit too much to gamble. But then again if you are not gambling big, you will not be a big winner.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Monty

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 07:53:23 AM »
I think the one thing that is really upsetting me is that I am available and they didn't even call!  :'(

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
I think the one thing that is really upsetting me is that I am available and they didn't even call!  :'(

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
He's probably only temporary anyways.
Aren't they all?  ;)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 03:47:12 AM »

Your reputation regarding Micheal Schumacher cost you the job Monty  :P
Imagine what PR disaster it would have been for Ferrari if their F1 boss regards their crown jewel a "Cheat"  :DD :DD

vintly

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 12:21:42 PM »

Your reputation regarding Micheal Schumacher cost you the job Monty  :P
Imagine what PR disaster it would have been for Ferrari if their F1 boss regards their crown jewel a "Cheat"  :DD :DD

Heheh good one!

Schumi was a cheat though.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 12:34:10 AM »
He's a stop gap isn't he?  They want Ross Brawn, and this guy is going to take charge in the interim  while they try to persuade Ross to come back.  That's my take on it.

I feel sorry for Domenicali.  He's a fair boss, and was also willing to talk and be interviewed.  He also was a lot more open than Todt, who I thoroughly disliked as Ferrari team boss, not least for his ultra 'Schumacher is always first' attitude to running the team, and his deals with the FIA.  In a way, Domenicali was possibly too nice for Ferrari, but I think that he was let down by the design department, and just decided that as team boss, he had to carry the can.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 09:40:17 AM »
hehe...when Mattiacci first received the call, he thought it was an April Fools joke.

Offline Dare

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
They should have gave Flav a shot.As
much as he's disliked he always got the
job done.Ferrari doesn'tcare aboutpersonal
morals and traits only winning.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
I think due to money embezzlement charges as well as others, it will be difficult for Flavio to run operation at Ferrari in Italy, so Ferrari calculated a risk-benefit ratio, and probably the assessment came negative for hiring Flavio. But I do agree with you Dare, he gets the job done, in anyway, regardless of legitimacy or ethical consideration.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle