collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 515
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mercedes v Red Bull  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Mercedes666

Mercedes v Red Bull
« on: April 12, 2014, 04:45:47 AM »
Massive Hamilton fan and I'm really shocked by the reaction to the new rules I think these engines are fantastic! I honestly do I'm a seasoned f1 fan and I'll put this out there they reckon fans are not happy now lol f1 needed a change and when vettel was storming to 4 straight titles in the aspirated v8 f1 lost a lot of followers last year but now Mercedes are in front it's all bad! Sure maybe noise could be a little higher but Mercedes planned and designed that engine over 5 years they deserve credit!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Mercedes v Red Bull
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »

No argument from me with what you say Mercedes666, I'm loving the racing and new tech power units.  :good: Even though I personally list Lewis at about 4th on my own fan index.  ;)

Glad to have join the GP Wizard club as well, you won't find a friendlier F1 site out there - so welcome. Oh and keep your posts coming.   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:10:04 AM »
Welcome Mercedes666 in this F1 forum, please do stick around and let us know your view, here we all appreciate others opinion, and given the supremacy Mercedes is currently enjoying, I would love a Mercedes fan jumping around in joy in the forum.

But to point out the fact, its not because Mercedes is winning and everybody is letting a far-cry about engines, if it was Ferrari, it would have the same reaction, because its from the section of fan, who thinks sound is an important of this racing, and over the years, it has made a special place among the fans, so when this quite engines are introduced, they are missing an integral part of the racing that they love so much. Its upto those individuals whether they would compromise their taste for a new ear or not. But I assure you, Mercedes being dominant has the very least of the reason of that uproar.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »
I have been following F1 for longer than I care to admit.  Let is suffice to say that the races were not televised back then - anywhere - not even Europe.

Sound has always been a part of it for me, just as was the case in Indy Car racing.  I was at Indy when a car called the "Track Burner" was introduced.  Back in the 1960's Indy cars were the cutting edge of racing technology, not Formula 1.  This article should interest anyone who truly follows racing and its history.  http://www.autopuzzles.com/Indy1967.htm  The sound it made was more like a schwoosh - a lawn mower made more noise.

I still miss the sound of the V-8, V-10 and V-12, but yield to the technology as long as the racing is good and the cars are fast.  This was a bit off-topic I guess, sorry.

The Mercedes success is fantastic to watch.
The racing between teammates being allowed by Mercedes and others is refreshing.

Red Bull is definitely on the back foot and that is good for the sport.  Having a new sheriff is always good.

Neither Lewis, nor Sebastian are among my favorites, so I will thoroughly enjoy watching Nico and Daniel beating their more renowned partners.

I have been a Ferrari fan since the days of Fangio, but during their years of Brawn/Schumacher, things did get a little predictable and a multi-year run by any driver/team creates a general dis-satisfaction among fans.  I am sure that Red Bull will get back in the mix, and likely soon.

Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Welcome aboard, Mercedes666. Glad to have you here!  :good:

I, too, have been an F1 fan for longer than I'd like to admit (around half a century). I survived the mini-motors of the early sixties and the first turbo dark age. I do have to say that the current cars are the blandest F1 cars I can remember.

Once again, we have one team running away from the rest of the field. We noted in the Chat Room during the race how Hamilton & Rosberg simply cruised away from the pack after the S/C period. What makes this example different from the RBR domination of the last four years and the Ferrari domination during the Schumacher years is that Merc is letting their drivers race each other. Good on them for that. It is the lone saving grace of the 2014 season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
It's a bit like 1988, potentially.

For those who don't know, McLaren won 15 of the 16 races that season using their Honda turbo engines, but their two drivers were Prost and Senna, and they were free to race.  You never knew which of them would win, even though they were trouncing the rest of the field every weekend.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
It's a bit like 1988, potentially.

For those who don't know, McLaren won 15 of the 16 races that season using their Honda turbo engines, but their two drivers were Prost and Senna, and they were free to race.  You never knew which of them would win, even though they were trouncing the rest of the field every weekend.

They would have won 16 out 16, unless a Frenchman in Williams hadn't knocked Senna in Monza while he was lapping him. That MP4/4 is a dream machine for any F1 designer

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:31 PM »
Jean-Louis Schlesser's only moment in the Formula 1 headlines ;).  Not that the Italians were complaining, since it gave Ferrari possibly the most emotional 1-2 at Monza ever in the wake of Enzo's death.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:41 AM »
Jean-Louis Schlesser's only moment in the Formula 1 headlines ;).  Not that the Italians were complaining, since it gave Ferrari possibly the most emotional 1-2 at Monza ever in the wake of Enzo's death.

Spot on as always Irisado  :good: :good:

But the Frenchman did achieve some good results in the other categories of racing :)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:27 PM »
Her certainly did.  He was only even racing because Mansell was ill and Williams needed a stand-in.  There weren't exactly a lot of candidates available at such short notice, so i don't judge him overly harshly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle