collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 117
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: RBR have quietly taken up the option on Ricciardo's contract for next year.  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Scott

Time to add Ricciardo to the list of 'pinned' drivers, isn't it Wizzo?

I'm not surprised that they have taken up the option, in fact they used to decide on Mark's following year by May or June each season, so some might say it's about time.

What is interesting to see is that he is apparently on a fairly decent win-bonus plan of between $1 and $2m per win on top of his almost $4m salary.  Well, if Merc have some more issues, Daniel could walk out of 2014 with a pretty decent pay check.

I also wonder what his new contract is worth...I would guess at least double of the one he has now.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f1-red-bull-takes-up-option-on-daniel-ricciardo-contract?artid=168415

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.

What's this quietly Scott, all the news sites are reporting it.  :confused:

Horner has mentioned several time at previous races that Danny's seat was safe for 2015, this is just box ticking from the team's point of view. Be hard not to hand him the seat as a just reward for winning against the odds in Canada, surely?

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

When I posted it, I had only found it on one site.

...and Horner always says that.

...and finally John, I wasn't at all questioning the logic of it, but I hope teams don't hand out annual contracts as rewards for winning one race.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

It quite interests me how much difference there is between the R/B and the Toro Rosso. DR didn't seem too impressive to me in the T/R, but he has pretty much matched (beaten?) Vettel in the R/B. How fast really are guys like Chilton, Hulk etc if they had a really top line car?
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
It quite interests me how much difference there is between the R/B and the Toro Rosso. DR didn't seem too impressive to me in the T/R, but he has pretty much matched (beaten?) Vettel in the R/B. How fast really are guys like Chilton, Hulk etc if they had a really top line car?

To answer your RBR/STR question a helluva lot.
We can't compare Dan's performance at STR with Vettel's much talked about win in the STR, it was essentially a year old RBR so doesn't count. The FIA put paid to the use of cast offs by RBR/STR & Honda/Super Aguri at the end of that year, 08, anyway.

Your second question is a real $64,000 teaser, this is the problem that wakes the team principals in a cold sweat from their night time dreams of lifting the WCC.  :D
Anyone who claims to know the answer is a better man than you or me Lonny.  ;)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

There are no surprises that Red Bull have done this.  He's had a really impressive season thus far, and he's definitely got the potential to win the world championship.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle