collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 288
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 17 best garage finds....ever  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Dare

17 best garage finds....ever
« on: July 06, 2014, 01:31:06 AM »

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: 17 best garage finds....ever
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
That garage in Portugal reminds me of a friend of my wife's who owns a few hotels in Portugal.  They went to hotel school together in Switzerland. 

We visited a few years ago, and when we were staying in one of his hotels, I went for a walk around the property and found a garage with about 20 cars in it, with really interesting bits poking out of the ones that were covered by tarps, and some others that weren't covered looked to be out of the 1920-30's, along with a few rally cars.  The garage was locked, so I tell you this from peeking through the rather dirty windows.

Turns out my wife's friend was a car enthusiast in his early 20's and even did some rally's in Portugal in his youth.  As well, his Dad was a car enthusiast and apparently that is where most of the cars in the garage come from.  After casually enquiring about what he plans to do with them, he told me nothing...he might just pass them on to his son.  I suspect there is several million dollars worth of cars in that garage.   :'( :'(  I just hate to see cars hidden away.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle