collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 556
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ford to Build New Right Hand Drive Mustang  (Read 1570 times)

Offline cosworth151

Ford to Build New Right Hand Drive Mustang
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:45:24 PM »
For the first time, Ford is going to build a right hand drive version of the Mustang. This will open up 25 new markets for the car.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140818/OEM04/140819886/ford-begins-testing-first-right-hand-drive-mustang

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

Re: Ford to Build New Right Hand Drive Mustang
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 03:01:36 PM »
Never understood why Americans import so many cars, but never seem to make an effort to export them.

I can appreciate the economy of building cars 'locally', but if Americans want the same Hondas that that the Japanese drive, maybe Japanese want the same Mustang that Americans drive.

Offline Scott

Re: Ford to Build New Right Hand Drive Mustang
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »
Muscle cars aren't as appealing in Europe mainly because of the taxes on big engines and gas prices to run them.  Plus they simply aren't practical on most of the roads here, which are rarely straight lines like a big pig car needs.  But the latest batch of muscle cars from Detroit are actually making an appearance, surely because finally the tech has caught up to Europe, and the novelty of owning an American car is also growing...but still only for a rather wealthy sector of the population.

What I always find funny is the number of older, average American cars on the roads here.  I am pretty sure they were brought over by either military or other workers who were transferred over and their car was included in the freight allowance (I can't imagine any other reason to bring a mid '90's Buick Skylark) and then they sold them to someone who wanted it for the novelty. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:45:43 PM by scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle