collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 537
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel's USGP pit lane start threat must be political surely?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.

Grid drops next race like Pastor await, don't they?     

This year unused grid drop places for engine changes carry over so to me this is more about Red Bull and/or Vettel trying to pile pressure on about the engine regs, or rather lack of freedom on engine use and development.  :crazy:

Does anyone have anymore info on why he, or his team, think he'll avoid penalties at other races with this odd strategy call?  :confused:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:48:26 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

Re: Vettel's USGP pit lane start threat must be political surely?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »
http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/f1-vettel-expected-to-sit-out-qualifying-in-austin-101414

This is the only article I can find that offers more than a short sarcastic quote from Vettel, while there is nothing from the team about it.  I expect this is Vettel going a bit roguish, but in all likelihood if he doesn't think he can Q higher than 10th or so, then he may as well just skip Q as he says.  But like you say, if they skip Q completely, then their official grid place will be 22nd, so why would they think the penalty won't carry over to the next race?

I wonder if RBR does this and makes late changes to the car, that they are also going to push rule changes about what mechanical adjustments you can make to a car starting from the pit lane that isn't broken.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:03:57 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 03:14:53 PM »
As he has already decided to leave RBR after this season and has no chance to win the WDC, he has also decided to throw his toys out of the pram once again.
Stop whining and earn the multi-millions you are being paid.
The rest of the world that works for a living (and by the way actually pays your salary) doesn't care about your tantrums.

This is another reason I dislike Vettle and have from the start as soon as his true nature was revealed.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 03:23:21 PM »
"The rule is of course completely stupid."

I can't argue with that. Maybe his current situation just allows him to buck the Fools In Authority FIA and state the obvious. Just a case of the emperor's new clothes. It's about time somebody steps forward and says so.

"Maybe you can suggest a way that I can spend Saturday afternoon in Austin,"

Austin does have a great live music scene.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
I have found Vettel easier to swallow this season - perhaps because he's been properly humbled by his teammate.  Less jerk-like. 

Personally I don't like grid penalties for engine allocations (and REALLY don't like the fact that they carry over to the next race, but only for engine penalties - why not for driver infractions then as well??), and why should the team pay if the engine supplier brings duds?  Send a fine to Renault instead.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »
Grid penalties for changing any car part have always been daft in my opinion, and making them carry over is even worse.  If they want to cut costs, as I've said before, they should into other options.  Oh, and Ecclestone should pay the teams more.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle