collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 313
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bianchi Crash Japanese GP  (Read 9928 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Bianchi Crash Japanese GP
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
How about something like this? the WEC is going ahead with the Slow Zones tested at Le Mans this past summer. The marshal post approaching the scene would have a yellow SLOW board, with cars slowed to 80 kph (about 50 mph). The marshal post prior to that would have a NEXT SLOW board to prepare the drivers. The engine control electronics would enforce the slow down.

http://racer.com/wec-le-mans/item/109800-wec-set-to-use-slow-zones-again
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 01:49:33 PM »
Scott: I'm sure that Charlie Whiting isn't feeling particularly great emotionally.  Nothing he has said in his press conference has suggested that he is looking to shirk responsibility.  The fact of the matter is...

The fact of the matter is, I don't really feel sorry for Charlie, since he's not on life support in a hospital.  The fact of the matter is, I haven't once heard anybody from the FIA refer to the timing of calling out the tractor, and the fact of the matter is, I have so far only heard criticism from the FIA about a possible driver mistake (going too fast), with a solution that involves slowing the cars down, but no solution about having the tractor out on a hot track. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Willy

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »
I still feel that this has to be laid directly at Charlies feet. That is his job and what he is paid for. If he fails or does not want to make those decisions then he should find another job. Period.
I agree with Jeri and would like to see gravel traps come back as they slow cars very fast in a way grass never will.
Yes a car can get stuck and have the race end for them but so what, that's racing. Stay out of the traps.
Long reach cranes are also the answer.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
I agree with Jeri and would like to see gravel traps come back as they slow cars very fast in a way grass never will.

Sorry Willy, I was suggesting that paved run offs slow cars in wet conditions much better than gravel.  Both would be superior to grass.

As a purely 'safe' feature, I prefer paved run off to gravel.  Cars can be moved easier by hand, equipment can be brought out quicker, marshalls can move about easier, inverted cars don't sink up to the driver's helmet.

I appreciate that gravel provides better spectacle by punishing mistakes, but pavement is safer.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle