collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 477
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Will Caterham be at the US GP?  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Wizzo

Re: Will Caterham be at the US GP?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 04:58:36 PM »
I think the administrator has just worked out the value is in the licence - racing back on!

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/management-handover-allows-caterham-to-continue
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Irisado

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 05:45:04 PM »
Odd thing, Bernie, is that most of us feel that way about you.

Seconded :).

Interestingly, Ecclestone came out in support of Caterham yesterday.  The man looks both ways at regular intervals.  No wonder he's totally untrustworthy.

I think the administrator has just worked out the value is in the licence - racing back on!

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/management-handover-allows-caterham-to-continue

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The team still has some good staff, and has improved significantly in the last couple of races, so it is capable of being in Formula 1 if the financial situation can be stabilised.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »

Kinda surprised they took it that far before someone pointed out the obvious.  Quit the season, lose it all.  Finish the season, chance to sell up.

Bankruptcy administrators can be such know-it-all's.   :fool: 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
Ecclestone and the administrators are now both claiming that Caterham will not race in the United States.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
Seems to me from what I've read from different sources, and making a half educated guess, is that Kolles and his backers may have taken a gamble by selling CSL to a nominal third party perceiving it may then fall into administration. 

This apparently appeared to offer a legal route out of the debts at CSL rather than pay off said debts. Something or someone has obviously got in the way of this company folding shuffle and the administration has come back to haunt Kolles and his crew by paralysing the F1 team.  ;) 

Seems that sometimes the system does kick back against sharp financial practice.  ;)     
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »
Whoa...some really strange little snippets coming out from the Concorde Agreement (pretty sure they don't call it that anymore).  Now it seems the third car is not about adding a third car to the team but more about teams supplying a third car to OTHER teams.  Wow...

http://www.pitpass.com/52789/Ecclestone-Teams-will-supply-third-cars-to-rivals

Offline Irisado

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:33 PM »
That's even more of a mess than the teams fielding three cars themselves, and is pretty much an insult to the idea of diversity and small teams even existing.  If this comes to pass, I think that's the end of Formula 1 for me.

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »
They'll be fighting over which 3rd car they get I bet.  If I was Caterham or MaRussia, I'd be pretty happy if I ended up with a Merc and a Williams  :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Dare

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
Maybe allowing teams to field one car might help
keep the privateers in F1 and draw more teams.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »
How about this: We move Yas Marina to this week-end. It would be a much cheaper trip for Caterham & Marussia. 12 teams except for the last race,  no Austin, Yas Marina stays single points & the season ends at Interlagos. Win, Win, Win, Win!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:19:38 PM by cosworth151 »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
I like this plan :).  It's a shame that it could be made a reality.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle