collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 516
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Wolff worried double points will mar championship  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Scott

Wolff worried double points will mar championship
« on: November 04, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
Well wake up and smell the coffee Toto.  Have you been in Oz again?  Pretty much every fan I've talked to is completely against the double points artificial finish, and I would add that Dare had a great point in that Brazil as the finisher was always a toss up for weather and almost always a great race.  Giving a predictable race like Abu Dhabi a double point finish absolutely does overshadow and invalidate the championship, especially if it gives a different outcome than when it hadn't been double points.

I'm sure if Merc had been concerned with this idea early on and let Bernie and the FIA push the stupid rule through, they could have done something about it.  But now it's too late.  I hope Nico beats Lewis in that race just to show everyone one of the things that is wrong in F1.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116603

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: Wolff worried double points will mar championship
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
Given the unpredictable nature of Brazil, getting the double points is almost like a lottery win.

A predictable track means that the double points are 'earned' in a more straightforward manner.

The double points have worked though, they've guaranteed the 2014 championship won't be decided until the last race.

I'm not a fan of double points, but I don't see them as taking away from the sport in any meaningful way.  (We can all name a dozen things detracting from the sport more than inflated points totals!)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Wolff worried double points will mar championship
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:04 AM »
Sorry, I disagree. I have put up with "The Chase for the Cup" in NASCAR, But This year they have totally lost it. The Champion is almost guaranteed to be different than if they were toting it up over the season. And even though the elimination system was supposed to make it important to win races, there are 2 drivers in the final 8 who are winless for the season. The NHRA's system is just as bad. Ashley Force would have been Champion a couple years back, but her father, John, threw the race at Indy allowing Robert Hight to barely scrape into the "playoffs" where he went on a winning spree and became Champion though he was actually hundreds of season points behind. It bothers me a lot.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle