collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 375
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2014 Advent Competition  (Read 21045 times)

Offline Wizzo

2014 Advent Competition
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:28:45 PM »
Some say they would rather be bitten by a king cobra, than play this game. Others say they would rather stare at the sun for a month! All I know is its time for the GPWizard Advent Competition 2014.

The Competition (Please read carefully)
Every day for the first 24 days in December a Question or Letter will be placed on the GPWizard Advent Calendar (navigation at the top of the page). Answers to the questions also represent a letter. i.e If the answer to a question = Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B'. This will be clearly indicated on the day.

The aim is to collect 24 individual letters and rearrange them into a Christmas sentence.

Once you have the complete sentence you will need to PM me with your answer. It is in your interest not to post your answer on the site as members who have not been following the competition will all know your answer.

I will only accept answers received on 24th December.

If you miss a question or letter, then don't panic or give up. You can still try and complete the sentence, it will just be a little harder for you. There may even be a bonus letter days, (if you're lucky), where you can ask for a letter that you have missed. Any questions or comments? Please post them below for all to see.

If you can't see the advent button then you’re not a member – so join up and test your nerves!

The Prize
Carrera Go!!! Formula Duel Racing Set

Recreate an F1 racing duel between Red Bull and McLaren with this exciting racing set. It’s a 1:43 scale, 3.6m length set that’ll get your car weaving in and out, negotiating tight corners and going full throttle through the straight section.

Contains: Red Bull RB7 ‘Sebastian Vettel, No. 1’ and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Race Bar 2011 ‘No. 3’; Track: 5x straights, 6x curves, 1x lap counter, 3x connectors, supports, guardrails and guardrail supports; transformer, 2x speed controller, instructions.

The Rules
1. One Question or letter will be placed on the advent calendar per day.
2. Answers to each Question will represent a letter i.e if the answer is Jenson Button then the letter for the day will be either 'J' or 'B' as indicated on the day.
3. The completed Christmas sentence must be sent via PM to me on 24th December - all submissions before or after this date will be dismissed.
5. You may guess the sentence as many times as you like.
6. If more than one correct entry is received then the winner will be chosen at random. I cannot accept the first correct answer given as this would be unfair due to the different time zones.

Good luck everyone...I'll see you on the other side!

Wizzo

IMPORTANT: This competition is intended for the use of the members of GPWizard and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. No people were harmed in the making of this competition, although Mrs Wiz is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. This competition is not my responsibility and solely represents the official view of the voices in my head.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:34:40 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: 2014 Advent Competition
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »
OMG, time to stock up on vallium again. Bring it on Wiz.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:35:01 PM »
I was just thinking the other day that the First Advent is coming up.  Started actually whistling Christmassy songs and caught myself smiling.  It's the season to be jolly and all that.

....and then I remembered  :o :o The Advent Competition starts tomorrow!  OMG  |-( |-( |-(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:58 AM »
Nice easy lead in, now the trouble starts.  ;)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »
Great prize, Wizzo!

Warning! Participation in the Advent Contest can lead to this:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 04:13:42 PM »
Hey, I just realized that if I win, I will get to crush Vettel with my foot.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Now what the heck is a Surname??
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:13:13 PM by Scott »

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »
It's your last name, the one you inherited from your father Scott.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
It's your last name, the one you inherited from your father Scott.

I was kidding  :D :D

Gotcha!  :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:54:17 PM by Scott »

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
 |-(  |-(  |-(

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
I have confused a few people today so I have updated the question.

A lot of people have never seen family guy and assumed it was a caricature of an F1 driver. Others got the answer Q for Quagmire - which is wrong.

I want the drivers name behind the cartoon character.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 05:21:19 PM »
In the old days the Advent competition was DESIGNED to confuse us...just saying.  :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
You forget Scott, we're used to being confused and making dents in the walls with our heads in this game, newer people might not be, shame innit.  ::)

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:43 AM »
Today's one is gonna be a guess.  :DntKnw:

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:56 PM »
Look closer Ian, everything you need to find the letter is there right in front of you.  :P

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 04:50:11 PM »
You wicked devil Wiz, I looked really close and got a faceful of gravel.  :DD  :DD  :DD

I should have said an assisted guess, looked up a certain driver of a green car and found a similar crash.  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle