collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2014 Advent Competition  (Read 21043 times)

Offline Wizzo

Re: 2014 Advent Competition
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
I would like to thank everyone who played the Advent Competition this year. Some of you even made it to the end!

Solution: Santa Claus is coming to town

Winner: Scott :yahoo:

I had a total of three correct entries from Willamsfan, Km Keeper and Scott. I am please to announce that Scott's name was pulled out of a hat by Mrs Wiz this morning. I am sure you will join me in congratulating Scott in a job well done!

Commiseration's to Williamsfan and km keeper who came so close.  :good:

Note: I'm sorry I cannot contribute to any therapy sessions as a result of the advent competition.  :DD

The Questions & Answers

Day 1. Name the 1988 F1 World Champion = Ayrton Senna = S                                                                     

Day 2. How many fastest F1 laps did Rubens Barrichello achieve in 2009?= Two =T                                                                     

Day 3. Anagram Reich male? Much cash! = Michael Schumacher = S                                                                     

Day 4. Name Lewis Hamilton's team mate in the picture. = Nico Rosberg = N                                                                      

Day5 . Which F1 driver crashed a Ford at Donington Park in 1993? = Nigel Mansell=M                                                                     

Day 6. Today's letter = A                                                                     

Day 7. Movie trail = Jenson Button = N                                                                     

Day 8. Two anagrams =  Ronnie Peterson (12) minus Umberto Maglioli (2) =Ten = T                                                                      

Day 9. Who am I? = Graham Hill = G                                                                     

Day 10. Name the driver in the picture = Susie Wolff = W                                                                     

Day 11. In the late 50's, rear-engined cars began to dominate Grand Prix racing. Where did Ferrari take the last victory for a front-engined car? = Monza = A
(Phil Hill won the final race for a rear-engined car at Monza, but it was a hollow victory as the British teams withdrew beforehand, objecting to the use of the banking. Ferraris finished 1,2&3.)                                                                     

Day 12. Who am I? Juan Manuel Fangio = O                                                                     

Day 13. Today's letter = O                                                                     

Day 14. Name the driver in the picture = Kamui Kobayashi = I                                                                     

Day 15. Free letter = C Due to spam attack                                                                     

Day 16. Jigsaw Wizzle = O                                                                     

Day 17. Wiz search = Kvyat = T                                                                     

Day 18. Find the driver = Ayrton Senna = A                                                                     

Day 19. Who am I? = Colin Chapman = C                                                                     

Day 20. Qwiz – Two letters given L and U plus phrase clue                                                                     

Day 21. Same as day 20                                                                     

Day 22. In what country in the Buddh International Circuit? = India = I                                                                     

Day 23.In 1982 a total of 5 drivers were disqualified from F1 races. Which driver was disqualified at his home circuit? Nelson Piquet = N                                                                     

Day 24. Free Letter = S                                                                     

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
OMG, I won something...you guys must LOVE me or something, I'm on top of the world...no, KING of the world.  (sorry, had a Sally Fields - James Cameron moment).  I would like to thank my wife, my kids, my cats and my snakes as well as honourable mention to CERN for developing the Internet and allowing me to research my answers, and of course Wizzo and Dare for running a kick a$$ website, and all my friends in our beloved GPW community.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »
 :yahoo:  Well done Scott.  :good:  :yahoo:

Mind you if your acceptance speech is anything to go by I wonder how much you'll need to spend on therapy to recover?  ;)  :D   

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »
Congrats, Scott! Well played.

I'm sure you & the family will enjoy the racing. (and I'm sure we won't hear about it when the young'uns out race you  ;)  )
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 03:51:53 PM »
Well done Scott, good on yer, me old Canadian refugee.  :tease:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Online Dare

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 01:27:03 AM »
Ok Scott,which of your kiddos gave you  the answer?

the truth shall set you free
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 04:35:17 AM »
Great job for getting SebVet in your home  ;)

Well played  :good: :good:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

guest3164

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Congratulations Scott!  Tough quiz again Wizzo, always tricky but fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle