collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2015 GG  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Andy B

2015 GG
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:03 AM »
I know I maybe a little premature but is the virtual safety car going to cause problems for the GG or can I gain virtual points from it?  ::)

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

Re: 2015 GG
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
 :DntKnw:  I'll leave that to the 3 wise men of GG
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
There's 3?! :DD

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:39:26 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 03:40:48 PM »
Let'shear some input on the virtual sc from our more
tech members.I don'tknow where to start.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
I assume the 'virtual safety car' is only deployed when the real safety car would be deployed.  It's not going to come on automatically for local yellows or anything, is it?

If that's the case, then I would imagine a 'virtual safety car' is a call from race control just like the real one.  The on track rules would be the same, so I suggest the GG rules remain the same.  (That is to say a virtual safety car is a safety car)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
I assume the 'virtual safety car' is only deployed when the real safety car would be deployed.  It's not going to come on automatically for local yellows or anything, is it?

If that's the case, then I would imagine a 'virtual safety car' is a call from race control just like the real one.  The on track rules would be the same, so I suggest the GG rules remain the same.  (That is to say a virtual safety car is a safety car)

If the Le Mans example is followed then the virtual safety car means drivers have go at a set delta speed, this has the effect of keeping all the cars at the same interval they were to each other when the Virtual S/C is called. This is quite different to a full Safety Car deployment which obviously resets the field much closer together.

I'm guessing here but presumably the virtual S/C will only be used at times when there is no actual wreckage on the track itself and will only last for a lap or two, any major on track debris or multi lap stoppage will still require the actual S/C.

I fear, after the Bianchi situation in Japan, Charlie will be much more likely to call the virtual S/C for any marshal action beside the track at next season's races. Since deploying the virtual S/C is almost no cost to competitors, i.e. no one really gains or loses relative to each other, we could see it used at every race - good old 'Elf n Safety' agenda rules.  :D

This is my long winded way of saying we should only award virtual points for virtual safety cars.  :D 
Neither of them will be the real thing.  :nono:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »
Yeah, as far as the discussion goes, I would say a SC is only when that howling Merc takes to the track.  VSC lights are meaningless.

I don't however 'fear' that they will deploy the VSC for every marshal assisted part or car recovery, I HOPE they will...even though I think it is a joke that the marshals and tractors are still left unprotected just because a light is blinking, penalties or no penalties.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:04:09 AM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 11:38:57 PM »
I agree with John S and Scott the VSC will be while marshals are on run offs and such like and could last a short time so VSC's are a non event as far as the GG goes the Merc has to appear to count.  :good:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 04:28:56 AM »
There you go Stealth...we have 3 wise men 1 wise lady
and me a wisenheimer

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »
Standards have really dropped on the word wise it seems.   :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »
Standards have really dropped on the word wise it seems.   :D

Wise words indeed stealth.   

::) Now look what's happened,  :confused:
we've got more than the standard 3 Wise Guys.  :swoon:   .......  :D 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:18:40 PM by John S »

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 11:14:06 AM »
Well actually that depends,  if you indeed believe my words to be wise then the previous 3 wise men are not up to the required standards to be wise and therefore I am in fact the only wise man in your agreed definition of wise. That's assuming your agreed definition of wise matches my original definition of wise in which case you would have to be elevated to wise as a result. Problem with that is that high standard of wise I was setting by discounting your previous attempt at wise would make my assertion of wise standards dropping null and void and would make my point unwise.  In which case this post is probably not worth reading and as such to do so would be unwise. Interestingly though this would again prove my original post was correct and we would be stuck in this endless loop forever.

Probably just best to assume that unless it's real it don't count! Virtual is not real therefore it doesn't count as a safety car.

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
 :DD :DD :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
 :swoon:   :DD :DD :DD

I unwisely read your post stealth, I must therefore virtually rebuke myself.  :confused:     

|-( Ah that's much better.   :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle