collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Williams Thinks Bottas Will Stay  (Read 3068 times)

Offline cosworth151

Williams Thinks Bottas Will Stay
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »
Clare Williams say she is sure that Valtteri Bottas is "100 percent committed" to Williams.

"I'm sure people are looking at Valtteri, and why wouldn't they? He's one of the brightest stars in the paddock at the moment," Williams said. "But Valtteri started his career with Williams and when you talk to him you know that he's 100 percent committed to Williams.

"We're committed with him on this future path for our team, and we're committed to doing that together. For me, that loyalty is important – and I think Valtteri feels that as well."

I hope she's right. It was really great to Williams back up at the sharp end of the field.

http://www.racer.com/site_content/item/112141-williams-sure-bottas-will-stay

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Williams Thinks Bottas Will Stay
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35:39 PM »
I dunno, sounds like she's trying to sell him.  Williams has a bit of a rep with regards to selling their driver contracts.  Bottas is perhaps worth more to them on another team.

Just saying...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
I wonder if that might be a difference between Clare & her father. Maybe she has a greater appreciation of what a good driver brings to a team.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:38 PM »
I wonder if that might be a difference between Clare & her father. Maybe she has a greater appreciation of what a good driver brings to a team.

I was just thinking that Clare's words don't sound like something I'd hear from Frank.

Interesting to see a different approach.  I wish them well.  In my heart, Williams will always be the team I like the best.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:34:31 AM »
Sounds a bit premature to me, Bottas is under contract for this season so where else is he going to go????  :confused:
Oh and who knows where the team or he will finish the year?  ::)

The silly season really is starting earlier and earlier. :swoon: 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

guest3164

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
It will be hard to replace Bottas should he leave, even if Williams does continue it's upward form.  Not sure who else we could afford who offers his level of consistency and performance.  I think Clare is doing all she can to convince him to stay.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 10:08:55 PM »
If Williams keeps moving forward, then Bottas will probably stay, so assuming he continues to improve, then it's up to Williams to keep up their level of car performance.  It does seem rather early to be talking about his moving either way.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
Lets not forget that the Williams flattered the drivers last year.  Bottas may be better than Massa, but my decade long opinion of Massa has been that he is just above average, but he plays well with others (follows orders).  If Bottas is just a bit better than him, it doesn't make Bottas a superstar in my opinion.  He may not have all the options some might think.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle