collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 286
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: New ford gt  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Philbe

New ford gt
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:00 PM »
Well, I have to say this is a great looking car.

Phil

Offline Dare

Re: New ford gt
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 01:05:54 AM »
decisions decisions,get this or the Ferrari
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:10:02 AM »
Aero tunnels seem a bit gimmicky. I'll take the original.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:31 AM »
I like it...more of a beast than the original.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »
That's one hot looking Ford.  :good:  Hope it goes as well as it looks.  ;)

Also launched at the same auto show is the new Honda NSX, that looks cool as well- oh and it's ready for production.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 12:31:40 PM »
I've been a Ford man all my life. That said, the current management at FoMoCo isn't making it easy. The new Ford GT is an example. Like so many of ford's recent performance offering, the built a really good car but forgot to put in an engine. A teeny, tiny turbo toy in a car like that?  :sick: The new Mustang GT350R has a much, much better engine for a fraction of the price.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
I've been a Ford man all my life. That said, the current management at FoMoCo isn't making it easy. The new Ford GT is an example. Like so many of ford's recent performance offering, the built a really good car but forgot to put in an engine. A teeny, tiny turbo toy in a car like that?  :sick: The new Mustang GT350R has a much, much better engine for a fraction of the price.

The #1 complaint about the previous GT was the inclusion of superchargers instead of a turbo.

I'm with you:  anyone driving a GT wants performance, not gas savings.

I love how it looks though.  Not sure I can get in though  lol

Offline Philbe

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 12:52:25 AM »
Well I seem to remember a short while there was a lot of folks talking about a new open wheel single seater with a teeny tiny engine that turned out to go like hell. Performance is not the issue. BMW has done wonders with a 3 cylinder turbo in the i8. I admit, they all sound anemic and in sports cars, for me, the sound is a big part of the appeal.  But I would still have one.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
....and their engines last a whole week or two before they burn up. And, as Jeri pointed out a while back, they give you all of that performance just shortly after you really needed it.

The only hope is that they'll be like Ford's former attempts to shove turbos down our throats. Like the T-Bird turbo Coupe, the Mustang SVO, the Couger XR7 and others, they will quickly show up for sale. They will be much cheaper because of their burned out engines. Then we can buy them & drop nice, HiPo V8's in them.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »
Cossie try and keep up, ::)  it's the 21st Century  - we can't stay in the 20th however much us old uns would like to.  :tease:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »
Last I checked, they didn't rewrite the laws of physics for the new millennium. Heat is still the arch enemy of the Otto cycle gasoline engine. Cramming extra heat (and back pressure) into one will still drastically shorten it's life span. The same benefits can be gained, without the detrimental effects, through the use of a mechanically driven supercharger.

No turbo lag, either.

Don't drink the turbo Kool-Aid. Physics will soon send the current turbo fad the down the same road as the Olds Turbo Starfire, the Renault Fuego and the rest.
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 01:55:18 PM »
Well, it certainly is a beautiful car.
I will look forward with some degree of anticipation to the performance reports.  I will also try and temper my desire for 'more' engine with overall performance on a road course and not limit it to the drag strip mentality.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Ian

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 04:19:58 PM »
Not sure about the GT, front is good, very similar to the original, not keen on the back half, personally speaking I think overall the NSX wins on looks.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 04:38:49 AM »
Ward's announced the 10 best new engines for 2015, 1 N/A, ! electric, 1 hydrogen power cell, 1 supercharged and 6 turbos. And my mini turbo is just about to hit 100K.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 11:29:05 AM »
Wards? Wasn't a place something like Penny's that went out of business?  :D

My E-Series is has lead a very hard life & is about to hit 300K. It's on its original coil packs and only its 2nd set of plugs.

My first Econline was a used 1967 back in 1972. It was also the only one without at least a V8. I've had them ever since. Since all Ford is offering now it the Transit (teeny, tiny turbo, McFlimsy struts & all) I'll have to make this one last. Were I to replace it now, I'd have no choice but GMC.

The company has already had to start buying GMC Canyon pickups since the new management at Dearborn says we can't have the new Ranger here in the States.
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle