collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 557
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bianchi crash means Brits need to be up earlier for live GPs  (Read 3262 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Bianchi crash means Brits need to be up earlier for live GPs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:00:57 AM »
It wasn't very long ago when ALL races started at 2pm local time, isn't it?

If having a good time slot for European TV is important, maybe they could try something crazy like... oh.. having races in Europe?

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:43:39 AM »

If having a good time slot for European TV is important, maybe they could try something crazy like... oh.. having races in Europe?

No no no Jeri!  :nono:
What about us non European people we have the same problems as you and probably more so there's more to a World Championship than Europe.  |-(
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:18 PM »
Well, Jeri, It'll be even worse for you & Dare & I. If I'll calculating correctly, Melbourne will be @ midnight, KL @ 02:00, Shanghai @ 01:00....
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 01:06:08 PM »
The first three are on sky so it don't affect me, 4 that I like are on BBC, Canada, Silverstone, Spa and Brazil, stick Sochi where the sun don't shine
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
While I realize the importance of a European fan base, if F1 wishes to increase the fan base to mirror their "global" or "world" championship, the time that a race begins outside of Europe should be for the locals and not necessarily convenient to the European fans for television.

For as long as the races have been televised around the world, some fans somewhere have been inconvenienced by the time of the broadcast.  Long passed are the days of watching it "live" because there was no later re-broadcast, or delayed broadcast.  Today we can record the live broadcast and watch it at our convenience.  It was not that long ago, as previously stated, that all races began at the same time of day in the time zone where the race was held.  Frankly, I support that wholeheartedly.

That having been said, I further support it because of the sort of thing that happens in cases where the race runs into dusk and lighting conditions make things dangerous, even without rain.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »

No no no Jeri!  :nono:
What about us non European people we have the same problems as you and probably more so there's more to a World Championship than Europe.  |-(

I'm just saying that they need to figure out what they want.  If they want racing that is convenient for Europeans, then have races in Europe.  If they want racing that is convenient for locals, then have reasonable local start times.

Since they never care about Canadians or Americans (and then wonder why Americans don't care back), I don't expect them to start now.

I personally think they should stick to 2 pm local start times (except in places where local climate makes it impractical). 

I also like the idea of expanding F1 into as many markets at possible, though I find the execution of that idea to be lacking.  It's not enough to show up, but they need to put on a top quality show that provides value to fans.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:35:10 PM »

I'm just saying that they need to figure out what they want.  If they want racing that is convenient for Europeans, then have races in Europe.  If they want racing that is convenient for locals, then have reasonable local start times.

Since they never care about Canadians or Americans (and then wonder why Americans don't care back), I don't expect them to start now.

I personally think they should stick to 2 pm local start times (except in places where local climate makes it impractical). 

I also like the idea of expanding F1 into as many markets at possible, though I find the execution of that idea to be lacking.  It's not enough to show up, but they need to put on a top quality show that provides value to fans.
[/quote]Exactly
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »
When the BBC had all the races I was more than happy getting up for the early ones, on the plus side, my wife and son were both still sleeping so I could slip the old headphones on and watch them in perfect peace, ah, happy days.  :D
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
Hooray for some common sense! Really, whose bright idea was it to have a "daytime" race's slot finish an hour and a half after it was meant to be pitch-black? (And I don't care how many times you say "the organisers refused"; the FIA should have required daytime races be all in daytime as the default option).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 06:33:25 AM »
You have all missed the point, the start times were moved to accomodate Bernie's bedtime. Evil Dwarf needs his beauty sleep.

:tease: :tease:
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 09:06:07 AM »
You have all missed the point, the start times were moved to accomodate Bernie's bedtime. Evil Dwarf needs his beauty sleep.

:tease: :tease:
:DD :DD :good: Just made my day Lonny
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle