collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 603
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis isn't happy with the 2015 Pirelli's  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Scott

Lewis isn't happy with the 2015 Pirelli's
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:26:50 PM »
Seems the pendulum has swung too far the other way now.  They are indestructible and too hard.  I hope he's wrong.  I used to like the cliff they used to have when they started to degrade.  If they are now so predictable, it will take even more fun out of the game.

From GMM

Lewis Hamilton has admitted his ongoing concerns about Pirelli's F1 tires.

In 2013, drivers were bemoaning the quality and high degradation of the Italian supplier's product, but last year Pirelli was accused of being too conservative.

In pre-season testing, however, the cars of 2015 have proved significantly quicker than last year.

"We've seen a difference of up to two seconds," said Pirelli chief Paul Hembery, "and that gap could be even bigger on the softer compounds."

For 2015, Pirelli has tweaked the construction of the rear tires, and a brand new 'super soft' compound has been introduced.

However, F1's official supplier will not take the super-soft to Australia; a move described by insiders as conservative.

Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton admitted recently that he remains unimpressed with Pirelli's 2015 range.

"The biggest issue is the tires," he told the French broadcaster Canal Plus during recent Barcelona testing.

"They just don't work, they're so hard. They're not spectacular."

But Hembery suggests that the new Pirellis should not be judged until the season starts, when temperatures will be higher than in testing.

"(Testing) conditions were still generally much cooler than we will typically see at most of the races, so this is a factor that has to be considered," he said.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

Re: Lewis isn't happy with the 2015 Pirelli's
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
Considering Hamilton built his championship on being best able to manage the 2014 Pirellis, can't blame him for not liking a change!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
I think the remarks made by Lewis Hamilton on the special hard tyre for the cold Jerez test, not for all compounds..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
I hope he struggles all year, might be the only interesting bit about the WDC this year.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 08:51:23 PM »
I hope he struggles all year, might be the only interesting bit about the WDC this year.

Can't really see that Lonny, with more than a second in their pocket on the next best it would only be Nico set to gain from any falling off by Lewis. A runaway leader is a to depressing thought to contemplate.  ::)

- So I'm not gonna.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 09:07:58 PM »
I think Lewis "owns" Nico at this point. He will cruise to another title unless the tires somehow favor Nico.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:23 PM »
I don't know Lonny...we've all seen how Lewis panics when the chips are down.  It would only take a couple of wins for Nico and some bad luck for Lewis and he would be in crazy mode again.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 09:14:40 PM »
He could have gone into crazy mode after Spa last season, but instead won several races in a row to nearly seal the championship despite double points.
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle