collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 508
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: "Ron, I will miss you, Bernie"?  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Jericoke

"Ron, I will miss you, Bernie"?
« on: March 15, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »
Any idea what that was about?

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: "Ron, I will miss you, Bernie"?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »
Ron hired a hitman, but he was supposed to finish the job before Bernie found the YouTube channel.
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »
Ron Walker, the main force behind the Australian Grand Prix going to Melbourne and staying there, died last year, and this was Bernie's tribute.

It is not a reference to the better-known Ron Dennis.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:44:12 PM »
Ron Walker is still very much alive Alianora.   :o

Ron Walker is chairman of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and Bernie's mate. He's stepping down as he's been in pretty poor health in recent years.

He had a big battle with cancer in 2013. He had a melanoma removed from his face in 2010 or 11 but unfortunately the cancer later spread to his lungs and he then had what appears to be successful treatment in both Aus and the US in 13.

Ron was at the Race on Sunday, he was on the podium and presented one of the trophies. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:46:23 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:07:05 AM »

Ron Walker is chairman of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation and Bernie's mate. He's stepping down as he's been in pretty poor health in recent years.

He had a big battle with cancer in 2013. He had a melanoma removed from his face in 2010 or 11 but unfortunately the cancer later spread to his lungs and he then had what appears to be successful treatment in both Aus and the US in 13.

Ron was at the Race on Sunday, he was on the podium and presented one of the trophies.

If Ron was at the race live, then he would never have seen the message.  The announcers never referenced it, so no one watching would ever have known which 'Ron' Bernie was talking about.

How odd.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »

If Ron was at the race live, then he would never have seen the message.  The announcers never referenced it, so no one watching would ever have known which 'Ron' Bernie was talking about.

How odd.

I'm sure Ron would have been in either in his own office/area of the track or the Paddock club during the race, the luxury VIP area like most other parts of the track has live feed pictures from FOM just like the ones broadcast on our TVs.

Most grandstands also have large TV screens in view to keep them up to date with the race when no cars are in that sector. So wherever Ron was he was sure to see the message.

The reason for digitally superimposing the message on the pictures is because there is no guarantee audio can be heard by the race attending viewers. So wherever Ron was he'd see a message but very likely not hear one.

Since it was a very personal message Bernie felt there was no need to explain, either that or he saw the potential for the subject to be talked about round the world - just like we are doing.  ;) 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:28 PM »

Umm... ...I've committed some bloopers in the past, but that's a rather big one  :-[ :-[ :fool:
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle