collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 512
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Might STR go yellow?  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Scott

Might STR go yellow?
« on: April 02, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
I hope so.  I miss the yellow cars since Jordan left.  Seems if Renault doesn't buy STR, they might up their sponsorship level so that they base paint the whole car yellow to show off the Renault. 

As long as the STR's keep beating the RBR's, I would say that's good value for money  :D :D

http://thisisf1.com/2015/04/02/toro-rosso-could-be-set-renault-inspired-yellow-livery/

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: Might STR go yellow?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
While it's nice having a yellow car out there, STR has had the best decorated car, hands down, since they came into the sport.  Indeed, the best since Jordan's Buzz'n Hornets.

(While on the subject of yellow livery, I think the Sauber looks rather striking in motion)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
Yeah, but imagine that bull on a yellow background, which is I think what they are talking about.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »
I have a feeling Cyril Arbiteboul has manoeuvred Red Bull into a corner, note Marko's strange references to STR needing input from the bigger brother RBR team - now would Renault need really that if they buy STR?

Horner and Marko have been giving Renault a right kicking in their public statements, both last year and in the last two months. Cyril has now opened up the possibility that Renault could leave Red Bull behind, either by exiting F1 or creating their own factory team again. Seems to me Marko is now furiously trying to hold the partnership together by offering the yellow paint job.

Horner and Marko could come to rue their public bashing of Renault, Merc and Honda have both ruled out supplying engines - also can't see Ferrari being keen especially as Vettel knows only too well how good RBR chassis' can be.

In the short term though it would be good to see a mostly yellow car back in the mix of colours on track. 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 09:56:16 AM »

While on the subject of yellow livery, I think the Sauber looks rather striking in motion

I agree completely, and specially when that car was running P5 in Australia, a car that not only looks good, but runs good as well.

The two Ferrari powered cars, Ferrari & Sauber are the best looking cars in the grid at the moment in my opinion.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 12:52:01 PM »
One thing I always get a chuckle from. The Red Bull & STR cars are very similar in appearance. The easiest way to tell them apart is to look at the side pods. The one with RED BULL in big, red letters is the one that isn't the Red Bull.   :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 12:26:40 PM »
I'm not sure that the ex-Minardi mechanics still loyally working for Toro Rosso at Faenza would sleep that easily if Renault were to start taking an interest in buying the team.  If Renault were to take over, would they keep the Faenza base open?  I doubt it.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:10 PM »
I don't think the present or potential owners would or should consider the history of some of their employees.  If the factory is to be moved, the new owners will certainly take any employees along that meet the mettle and are willing to move.  The rest?  Well...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 03:33:50 PM »
I'm not sure that the ex-Minardi mechanics still loyally working for Toro Rosso at Faenza would sleep that easily if Renault were to start taking an interest in buying the team.  If Renault were to take over, would they keep the Faenza base open?  I doubt it.

Why would Renault take over an operation in order to close it?  If they're going to build a new factory, or use an existing facility closer to home, why not just buy up a vacant entry? 

I'm not an expert on EU law, but surely it would be a legal nightmare to buy STR and then close it up only to reopen elsewhere.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 11:32:55 PM »
They could relocate it within the EU, that's not beyond the realms of possibility, although it could be a logistical nightmare.  I remember the disastrous season Prost endured in 1998 after relocating from the old Ligier factory during 1997, and that was within the same country.

I cannot see Renault operating a factory team from what remains essentially the old Minardi base at Faenza.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 07:44:10 AM »
No, you are 100% right...no way would Renault operate their F1 team out of Italy.  No more than Ian would wave an EU flag from his veranda  :crazy:

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 08:58:12 AM »
I would do that Scott, then burn it.  :P
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle