collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 294
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ford Knows You Don't MEAN to Speed  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Jericoke

Ford Knows You Don't MEAN to Speed
« on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
http://social.ford.co.uk/could-this-spell-the-end-for-speeding-tickets/

It seems that those poor people in Britain don't appreciate getting speeding tickets for accidentally speeding.  However, Ford knows they didn't mean to speed.  Ford knows that if the car had a built in speed limiter, then everyone would be happy.  Using a dash cam for spotting speed limit signs, their Intelligent Speed Limiter will keep you a law abiding motorist as often as possible.

Seriously, what the hell is this?   >:D

Not that I'm saying that I intentionally speed, but I know how fast my car is going at all times, and I know the posted speed limit at all times.  If I wanted to go slow, I'd just get a Honda or Renault turbo  :tease:

P.S., they say that there are 15,000 speeding tickets handed out in Britain in 2013.  Is that number true?  I'm sure that Toronto alone can cover that in a month.

Offline Scott

Re: Ford Knows You Don't MEAN to Speed
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 08:01:45 PM »
I would actually be ok with that as long as there was some way to crank it up to about 10-15kph over the speed limit, which is about where I usually sit while on the highway.   I usually set the cruise control there, but here in Switzerland there are quite often speed limit changes that are poorly marked, and a system that lets me know, or better yet slows the car, would actually be ok with me.

Let the flack begin...

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
They're sneaky over here. We have variable speed camera's where they can change the limit at the press of a button, average speed camera's(no escape there). At one time they were painted yellow so that you could see them and there had to be signs warning of them. Now they paint them grey and hide them in the ironwork over motorways. The motorist over here is a cash cow.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:07 PM »
It might be useful if you could set it to only engage in known speed trap areas.

Ford has a system over called My Key for teenage drivers. It limits things like speed & stereo volume when the teen's key is in the ignition. This system would be useful when used in conjunction with that.

Here in Ohio, some cities were making a fortune with stop light cameras. Now the state has passed a law that they can only be used with a police officer on the seen. That was the end of that.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:13:45 AM »
They're sneaky over here. We have variable speed camera's where they can change the limit at the press of a button, average speed camera's(no escape there). At one time they were painted yellow so that you could see them and there had to be signs warning of them. Now they paint them grey and hide them in the ironwork over motorways. The motorist over here is a cash cow.

They've never been marked or had warnings here, but VW is kind enough to include their whereabouts on my Navigation system.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle