collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie the mouth is at it again  (Read 6440 times)

Offline Ian

Re: Bernie the mouth is at it again
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 10:51:29 PM »
But the sporting events Ecclestone's talking about aren't year after year in the same countries, he's only interested in the oil rich Middle East countries.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 12:58:56 AM »
If Angela Merkel offered Bernie 25 million tomorrow, the race would be on.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 07:42:02 AM »
It's Bernie's way of getting his money back that he had to pay to stay out of jail.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 12:53:14 PM »
His behaviour is just reprehensible.  Either he does it on purpose because he enjoys playing silly little games, or he really is that unpleasant an individual.  I can't decide which.  Either way, Formula 1 has enough problems as it is without his stirring the pot.

I wish someone else who has more passion for the sport and more interest in making it more like a sport and less like a self-profit making business would take over from him.  Ecclestone's 'give me all your cash now' approach is a major reason why Formula 1 is in such poor shape.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2015, 03:16:08 PM »
His behaviour is just reprehensible.  Either he does it on purpose because he enjoys playing silly little games, or he really is that unpleasant an individual.  I can't decide which.  Either way, Formula 1 has enough problems as it is without his stirring the pot.

I wish someone else who has more passion for the sport and more interest in making it more like a sport and less like a self-profit making business would take over from him.  Ecclestone's 'give me all your cash now' approach is a major reason why Formula 1 is in such poor shape.

I'm going to bet that Mr Eccelstone is very charming in individual convsersation.  I've met people who I don't otherwise like, yet everytime I have a conversation with them, they strike me as the best person on the planet.

With that said, I think he is pulling the strings ever more franticly in F1 because making people dance is the best hobby he can find.  I think that anyone who enjoys making people dance is an unpleasant individual.

It is time for an individual who is more interested in growing the sport for the future, rather than someone interested in squeezing every drop from it.  The question isn't if it's time for Bernie to go, but rather who is going to replace him, and how.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 04:46:01 AM »
The Germans are not extremely passionate about F1, but if the Italian GP dies, Bernie will never be able to go to Italy again.
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
The Germans are not extremely passionate about F1, but if the Italian GP dies, Bernie will never be able to go to Italy again.

Mercedes made an effort to save the German GP by ponying up some cash.

Surely the moment they did that, Bernie realized how much Ferrari would pay to 'save' the Italian GP.  (Now, there would be a certain justice here, given how much F1 money Ferrari gets 'unfairly'.  If they use it to to fund the Italian GP)

If Italy is saved in this manner, I expect McLaren to be pressured to chip in for the British race.

I'm sure if Sauber had two spare Francs to rub together, Bernie would expect them to fund a Swiss GP.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:43 AM »
Mercedes offer was to pay half of the losses which would not go to Bernie directly.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 11:46:16 AM »
No, but if the race was saved, or Monza is saved by Ferrari, it will be the increased race fees that would go to Bernie...or his employers.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »
Mercedes offer was to pay half of the losses which would not go to Bernie directly.

I'm not sure it's even about the money.  Bernie has discovered he can make one of the largest corporations in the world jump.  He just needs to figure out how high he can ask.

Offline lkjohnson1950

Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »
"After 50 years of work, I will not allow formula one to be destroyed out of pure selfishness."

did he just say that???   :crazy: :fool: :fool: |-( |-(

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »
Old Bernie makes I laugh, We've had one year of Merc engine dominance and a Ferrari win in the second race this year on what looks like engine power - why no death knell thoughts when Red Bull were running away with it year after year?  :crazy: 

Oh of course, silly me, Merc can't be manipulated to do Bernie's bidding in any shape or form like all the other teams on the grid.

Enough of this let's help Red Bull guff Bernie, fix other problems that are within your remit rather than seeking to get into areas that are for others to decide. You may be the paymaster, and a skinflint at that, but you ain't the rule maker so sort out your own house.  :P

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
Y'all know I'm not one to side with Bernie, but even a clock that has stopped is right twice a day. The hyper-priced, super fragile, nearly silent mini-motors have been a disaster to the sport. They could well be the final nail in F1's coffin.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 03:13:07 PM »
Old Bernie makes I laugh, We've had one year of Merc engine dominance and a Ferrari win in the second race this year on what looks like engine power - why no death knell thoughts when Red Bull were running away with it year after year?  :crazy: 

Oh of course, silly me, Merc can't be manipulated to do Bernie's bidding in any shape or form like all the other teams on the grid.

Enough of this let's help Red Bull guff Bernie, fix other problems that are within your remit rather than seeking to get into areas that are for others to decide. You may be the paymaster, and a skinflint at that, but you ain't the rule maker so sort out your own house.  :P

Hold on a moment here

Red Bull is a 'privateer' team.  They're not owned by some megacorp, they're owned by a rich guy (who named them for his megacorp).

The concensus is that F1 needs privateers more than it needs manufacturers, so we need Red Bull more than we need Mercedes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle